Towing A Trailer With The Vfr

Guest jerky1280

Guest jerky1280

Has anyone seen or heard of a design to tow a trailer with a VFR? I do a lot of trips on my bike, and a small trailer would be sweet. I currently have a wingrack setup, and while it's pretty sturdy, I can't image putting a hitch on it, not to mention what any tongue weight that far back would do to the handling. Uni-GO's web site lists a hitch for a VFR800, so I imagine it's possible. They have a trailer hitch listed for a freakin SV650 for god's sake!

http://www.uni-go-trailers.com/hitches.htm

Another hitch listed:

http://www.dauntlessmotors.com/hitch-pages/hondahitches.htm

I really should just get an ST1100, but I love my VFR! It's really a do-everything bike, and right now I can't afford a second bike. So I really can't afford a trailer either, but I can dream, right?

For anyone who tells me to get a goldwing, drop me $15k and I'll do it in a heartbeat.

I did a search, and came up with pages and pages about trailering motorcycles, but not towing with a VFR. Haven't figured out how to search specifically for towing with a VFR.

• Member Contributer

A Canadian who worked at the Crossroads of Time at Deals Gap used a uni-go daily ON THE DRAGON, so yeah, I think it will work! :pissed:

gallery_611_2287_46887.jpg

This is him (right with glasses) helping out some of us fellow Viffers on a ride back in 2003. Umm, disregard that guy in the middle.....

A Canadian who worked at the Crossroads of Time at Deals Gap used a uni-go daily ON THE DRAGON, so yeah, I think it will work! :blink:

gallery_611_2287_46887.jpg

This is him (right with glasses) helping out some of us fellow Viffers on a ride back in 2003. Umm, disregard that guy in the middle.....

who the old gray haired guy, salt n pepper beard n black mustache (strange) that is standing there like he is important?? :pissed: Why??

• Member Contributer
who the old gray haired guy, salt n pepper beard n black mustache (strange) that is standing there like he is important?? :pissed: Why??

Waitresses all across this great big land live in fear of this character. If you ever see him, just turn and walk away as quick as you can. You've been warned.

that is standing there like he is important?? :pissed: Why??

You guys are so lame, I am sporting the Original VFRD T-shirt with pride. It's first showing on the Dragon!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

So to try and get back on topic... wink.gif

The previous link I posted was the only place I saw a VFR750 hitch listed. I'm going to give them a call during business hours, but $475 seems pricey for a hitch!

So to try and get back on topic... wink.gif

The previous link I posted was the only place I saw a VFR750 hitch listed. I'm going to give them a call during business hours, but $475 seems pricey for a hitch!

Sorry, :pissed:

I know little about trailers on VFR's other then the one mentioned on Fransisco's VFR (Unigo) , he ran to Canada & back many times with it. :thumbsup:

$475 seems pricey for a hitch!

Maybe they were talking about mail order Filipino brides? :blink:

Just don't rent any UHaul trailers. :pissed:

Edit.

mail order Filipino brides
I just google searched for that.

It's way beyond what I thought. LMAO. :P

Sounds pricy to me as well, but then again so does a $2200 Uni-go trailer.

install some OEM side bags and a decent size top box and you will have as much room as most small trailers.

I am installing my top box on one of these, puts it in a better position than the Honda mount, more cetralized and looks better.

SoloRack.jpg

I contacted the manufacturer from the previous web site... their hitch was much less expensive, but after $150 shipping from Australia, it came out to... $480. So the quote seems pretty accurate.

install some OEM side bags and a decent size top box and you will have as much room as most small trailers.

I am installing my top box on one of these, puts it in a better position than the Honda mount, more cetralized and looks better.

SoloRack.jpg

I have A full Givi 3-bag setup. I'd LOVE to have the rear case located over the rear seat, but making the mount for a 4th gen is much harder than the 6th gen. I dig that case mount you've got.

What'd you use to make the VFR logo? It seems really detailed for a standard CNC machine. Water jets?

• Forum CEO

A uni-go and wingrack? You planning on living on the vfr? I have the big 50liter givi top bag, the keyless sidebags and cant imagine needing more storage? Most the time I end up packing stuff for my riding buddies. There was a guy on a Blackbird at the ST.N meet in Custer a few years back, he had a Unigo trailer, the wheel was really small - it seemed like a small deal for all the bulk it added, he had side bags too and rode there two up. It looked ok as far as trailers go, and it performs well.

I guess if your two up its OK? Me I would just rather get my girl her own bike, or a Wing for Two up.

A uni-go and wingrack? You planning on living on the vfr? I have the big 50liter givi top bag, the keyless sidebags and cant imagine needing more storage? Most the time I end up packing stuff for my riding buddies. There was a guy on a Blackbird at the ST.N meet in Custer a few years back, he had a Unigo trailer, the wheel was really small - it seemed like a small deal for all the bulk it added, he had side bags too and rode there two up. It looked ok as far as trailers go, and it performs well.

I guess if your two up its OK? Me I would just rather get my girl her own bike, or a Wing for Two up.

I'm just thinking towards a trailer because some day I'd like to be able to take my dog with me, and I don't think there's a decent sized seat that I'll be able to fit on the back seat of the VFR between me and the givi trunk. I think a trailer would be much more comfortable for the pooch.

I'd rather a wing for two up as well! Unfortunately that's not really an option for me. And well, I don't have someone to ride two up with right now anyway. But I'd still prefer a wing anyhow.

Archived