Mods Mods Mods

Guest Robert S. Libberton

Guest Robert S. Libberton

Okay fella's I am a new VFR owner (06 pearl black) and I have rode it for 500 miles to determine what Mods I would do first in an order of importance. Here is my official list of ordered mods:

Corbin Gunfighter and lady with backrest (my wife demanded the backrest) 380+119

Seat cowl- 118.00

Heli Bars- I am a large man and my wrists hurt after an hour or so riding. 291.16

Mirror Extenders - 44.95

Non essential gear queer stuff

Fender eliminator cw-62.95

Tank pad ?

I need to install these mods and ride for another 500 miles before any other adjustments, I am hoping the leg soreness is an adjustment issue and I dont need to lower the pegs.

• Member Contributer
Okay fella's I am a new VFR owner (06 pearl black) and I have rode it for 500 miles to determine what Mods I would do first in an order of importance. Here is my official list of ordered mods:

Corbin Gunfighter and lady with backrest (my wife demanded the backrest) 380+119

Seat cowl- 118.00

Heli Bars- I am a large man and my wrists hurt after an hour or so riding. 291.16 -Check the for sale section. Thought there was a set posted recently.

Mirror Extenders - 44.95- Check Lobster's extenders. There cheaper, and longer.

Non essential gear queer stuff

Fender eliminator cw-62.95- Check Kanadian Ken's goodies

Tank pad ?

How's about a hugger and Bug Buster? :D Sorry. I had to.

I need to install these mods and ride for another 500 miles before any other adjustments, I am hoping the leg soreness is an adjustment issue and I dont need to lower the pegs.

If you bought the bike new, it should have come with the seat cowl... +1.gif

Yup.

Got the wiring harness recall? Check Tightwad's electrical goodies.

Okay fella's I am a new VFR owner .

I am hoping the leg soreness is an adjustment issue and I dont need to lower the pegs.

Welcome to VFRD and congrats on the blk 06! :beer:

Depending on what your previous bike was it may take a little time for your body to adjust to the VFR's ride position especially if you came off a standard type bike. I run Heli's and love them, hate Corbin's but their the only one with a backrest.

Also if you are a Big man and plan to ride two-up a lot also one of the best mods you could/should do would be to upgrade the spring rates for your weight as the VFR is set-up for a 160-170 rider at best. Cost you around $250 just for the springs front & Rear, but will change the bike is positive ways for the long haul. Stock springs are .74 front & 15.3 kg rear, I'm running .95 fronts and 19 kg rear and I'm 195lbs. :beer:

If you bought the bike new, it should have come with the seat cowl... :beer:

I hope you can still get it from the PO if you bought it used! Dang, I really can't believe that Honda can charge $118.00 for a simple shaped piece of painted ABS plastic! Maybe that's why I'm getting so attracted lately to minimal or non-faired bikes like the Ducati Hypermotard. Cause all this plastic is just turning out to be so superficial to the basic function of motorcycles. I think I have a subconcious feeling that I'm on an expensive and fragile egg, everytime I go out riding my VFR.

Beck

95 VFR

Edited by Beck

• Member Contributer
Its an 06, the recall is for 02-05 models. The 06 doesnt have a harness recall.

D-oh. Yup. My bag. I don't really read much on the recall goodies, as I had the help of the forum, to fix things, long before Honda admitted there was a problem. Tightwad is still the man for plug'n play accessory blocks 'n stuff.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the VFRD.....good mod list already.....the BLS peg extenders are great for long rides, and I'm only 5'7"................. :thumbsup:

Guest grayflare

D-oh. Yup. My bag. I don't really read much on the recall goodies, as I had the help of the forum, to fix things, long before Honda admitted there was a problem. Tightwad is still the man for plug'n play accessory blocks 'n stuff.

No problem, you are correct about Tightwad and his accessories. Just because they dont have a recall doesnt mean they might could use a little help. I took as many of the electrical connectors apart on my bike as I could get to and slathered them up with a dielectric grease just for safe measure. An ounce of prevention kind of thing hopefully. :thumbsup:

Congrats on the '06 and welcome to VFRD, Robert!

Nice list of mods you have going already. You're smart to only do a couple things at a time as far as ergos go. Make a change, see how you like it, then make more changes if necessary. Baileyrock is right, tho...if you're coming from a different kind of bike, you might allow yourself a little more time to adjust to the VFR's ergos.

If you bought your bike new the cowl should have come with it. If you bought the bike used, the previous owner or shop might have it.

Before you order the Corbin AND the cowl, double-check that the cowl will fit with a Corbin. It probably will, but some aftermarket seats cause problems with cowl fitment. It's just garnish anyway, IMO. I haven't put mine on since I bought my Sargent seat 9-10 months ago. Sure it looks good, but I bungee stuff to my rear seat a lot, so it's easier for me to just not have it on there at all.

• Member Contributer

No problem, you are correct about Tightwad and his accessories. Just because they dont have a recall doesnt mean they might could use a little help. I took as many of the electrical connectors apart on my bike as I could get to and slathered them up with a dielectric grease just for safe measure. An ounce of prevention kind of thing hopefully. :thumbsup:

LOL. I don't mind being wrong. Actually, with the group, here, being wrong I found can be a good thing. LOL. The right answer comes to fruition. And when most members see that I've replied to a thread, they know to check it, thus bringing out the correct answer. HA!

I may be premature. House gave me the cowl from his '06. Got some scratches. (Mine's busted up). From the first post it seems the goodies may already be ordered. IF NOT, Robert, pay the shipping, and it's yours. (You have 24 hrs to reply, as I reall would rather keep, and re-paint it, but you have none, so,...................)

Welcome!:

If you haven't ordered it yet, Member Kanadian Ken makes a very nice fender eliminator as well......

Certainly competitively priced.... :thumbsup:

And check out Radar's Sliders.... :thumbsup:

And for your 'next' round of essentials..... Travis' Bugbuster and hugger :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Etc. etc. etc. :thumbsup:

VFRD

Your one source, one stop, money sucking black hole of VFR must haves, and totally unecessary bling-bling!!!

Open for your monetary detriment shopping convenience 24/7.

Why go bankrupt anywhere else? :salesman:

gallery_8015_3519_19729.jpg

AND YOUR SOUL TOO!!!

gallery_8015_3519_242220.jpg

Gladridings to All!!!!

• Member Contributer

$118 for a seat cowl??? Methinks I should try and find mine and sell it!! :lol: I think I had it on my bike for 2,000 miles at the most.

Welcome to VFRD and great choice of bike color!! Black is the fastest!! Well actually Asphalt is but black is second! :blink:

• Member Contributer

OMG! A GREEN MACHINE! LOL. I haven't seen one of those in almost 30 yrs! They still make them? HA!

• Member Contributer
OMG! A GREEN MACHINE! LOL. I haven't seen one of those in almost 30 yrs! They still make them? HA!

:P I don't know when they started back but they make them now! They hold up to 180 pounds too!! My son got it for Christmas but I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Rode it for the first time yesterday and already crashed! HA!! Luckily I didn't mess it up. I flipped over trying to 'slide it around.' I won't be on it much though b/c I don't want to wear out his tires. I want my own!!! :P

• Member Contributer

:P I don't know when they started back but they make them now! They hold up to 180 pounds too!! My son got it for Christmas but I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Rode it for the first time yesterday and already crashed! HA!! Luckily I didn't mess it up. I flipped over trying to 'slide it around.' I won't be on it much though b/c I don't want to wear out his tires. I want my own!!! :P

Take it to your local dragstrip, they have "Big Wheel" racing, gets the kids ready for Jr. Dragsters :thumbsup:

Think you spend money on bikes??????? :lol: Get your son into racing :blink:

$118 for a seat cowl??? Methinks I should try and find mine and sell it!! :lol:

LOL. Me, too! Anybody need one in Italian Red?! I'll even discount it to $109.99. :blink:

Hey! I had one of those. Much cooler than a Big Wheel! IIRC you could really skid that thing around. The only bad thing was that after awhile the wheels weren't exactly "round" anymore! sad.gif :P