Does Nr Replica Body Exist?

Guest bradc

Question

15 answers to this question

Guest vfrrider

Yes, and NO.

Supposedly MR Racing out of Italy made a replica, but they have never answered any inquiry concerning this bike. Adrian's Bike Painting in Canada supposedly made one, but he's not interested in selling it, letting someone make molds of his, or going into business.

One was seen a long time ago, and thats it.

So, yes and NO.

Make your own. Just buy you a 94-97 with bad body, make a master, make a mold, and make your own fiberglass replica. I'm sure someone would love a copy. JZH over in UK has a rear wheel, and Tyga in Thailand makes a aftermarket exhaust. The engine may be a little hard to come by, but whats a little challenge. Windscreens are available aftermarket, or so they say.

Good luck.

Larry

VFRwalker

well thanks haha well man thats a tall order!!!!!

was hoping alittle eisser than that but up for challenge i think smile.gif

hmmm well better get started looking on ifo you've given, not after engine just looks..

i'll try to post as i go

thanks again

Yes, and NO.

Supposedly MR Racing out of Italy made a replica, but they have never answered any inquiry concerning this bike. Adrian's Bike Painting in Canada supposedly made one, but he's not interested in selling it, letting someone make molds of his, or going into business.

One was seen a long time ago, and thats it.

So, yes and NO.

Make your own. Just buy you a 94-97 with bad body, make a master, make a mold, and make your own fiberglass replica. I'm sure someone would love a copy. JZH over in UK has a rear wheel, and Tyga in Thailand makes a aftermarket exhaust. The engine may be a little hard to come by, but whats a little challenge. Windscreens are available aftermarket, or so they say.

Good luck.

Larry

VFRwalker

I've seen a replica in France i guess the name of the company was "POLY26" I have some pics but can't upload them - need advice

Guest vfrrider

Well thanks soooo much.

Look at this page, not only a NR replica, but a 90-93 body kit.

Poly26

Now what do I do, I'm halfay through the Rc211V replica, but I really wanted a NR replica. :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Larry

VFRrider

Bonjour

Comment avoir les coordonnées adriansbikepainting ?

J'ai moi même les moules qui ont servi à réaliser mes carénages et je souhaites les modifier et vu le travail d'artiste d'adrian en un mot respect

Hello

How to have address and phone number(coordinates e-mail) adriansbikepainting?

I have I even the molds(mussels) which served to realize my fairings and I wish to modify them and seen the work of artist of adrian in brief respect

Not to revive a thread-from-the-dead, but I have full DXF files for the NR. I do not have anything for the VFR, but I intend to acquire them or generate them myself. Using my favorite 3D modeling program, I intend to more or less create a hybrid design that will look like an NR, but bolt to the factory mounts of the VFR frame (and may not be one piece as the NR is). I intend to just pep (Pepakura) these files and print them out, then lay some fiberglass resin over them. Quality of the final product will depend mostly on attention to detail and getting the scale correct. Work gets in the way, but at least this is a goal I have in the not-too-distant future.

Any other peppers out there? I don't believe in selling any of this stuff, just helping other help themselves, as the time involved is pretty painful. If anyone wants to get together with this project, I'm willing to share any and all files. I only ask that you equally share the files and final results, and any attempt to collect payment for the sale of a final product will not go beyond time/effort/materiel costs. Anyone in?

Hello

Who would be intérréssé to have a retort of Nr on a base of VFR 750 rc36 of 91 in 93 ?

I can realize them as well as accéssoires: lighthouses, railing

This going anywhere?

I was only musing over this idea today. Just seems so obvious, yet no-one is making them. Base it on a 4th Gen would I think be the best option. I think one could make a stunning bike.

Years ago the OzVFR crew looked into buying a set of moulds to make 4th Gen bodywork. The company who owned them was shutting down and selling dozens of mould sets. Sounds like a goldmine, right? Nope.

For starters the moulds had been taken off genuine 4th Gen panels, which sounds terrific - until you learn that the stickers weren't even removed before the moulds were taken from the panels.

And the kicker - moulds have a limited lifespan, as few as a dozen panels can be taken from a single mould before it is cactus.

We weren't even interested in making money out of it, we just wanted a cheap source of panels. But it would not have worked out to be cheap.

Following on from that - Ken, I've been floating around various VFR internet sites since 1999. I've given a LOT of thought to NR rep bodywork. I even started making my own from existing 4th Gen panels (still kicking around in a box somewhere). It's a tough gig, and I can almost count on one hand the number of people who have asked the same question as you since I joined VFRD in 2003. In short, it's one for the true enthusiast.

We have a few recent NR bodywork topics here, though.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/74810-vnr-wtf-nr750-replica/?hl=nr750

The topic on Adrian's NR rep:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/28931-the-adrians-bike-painting-nr-replica/?hl=nr750

And a previous NR rep topic:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/72204-nr750-replica/?hl=nr750

• Member Contributer

Making moulds is simple if you know how to do it quickly. Use a male wood plug, then use hot acrylic vacuum to make the female mould.

Box that & backfill the void with a solid setting filler. Leave to set. Use the mould with proper application of release agent. Job done.

Just find a company that can do the acrylic vacuum part, the rest is a DIY job. Obviously the hardest part for an NR replica is getting the orginals to measure up.

There is someone somewhere making an NR replica using panels made for a CBR900, but he has been in touch with someone on one of the forums with a real one to get exact measurements & pics etc, so he could fix the poor accuracy of the panels as they came. Can't remember where I saw it though :(

Archived