Conti Road Attack + Nail = $$%#@*&^%^%$

Guest Nailer45

Guest Nailer45

Yes my Conti attack was rolling along and The evil Nail burrowed into the Conti's skin , causing the air which gives it life to slowly bleed away... What i cant believe is that at the gas station the tire was still on the rim with only 8psi left in it..

The wife and I were returning home from a 150 mile sprint last night and about 2 miles from home the handling on the bike began to change as Turning a few corners I could feel something was not right.

Pulled into gas station and looked at the front tire (all is good) and then looked at the rear tire and there was melted chunks of rubber all over the tire as if I had just done 2 track days of hard running.

Then I saw it The Evil Nail with its ugly little head sticking out of my tire..*&%($$..CENSORED..

Checked the air pressure 8 psi and to think i was just on interstate 57 running 85mph with traffic with the wifey on the back...Damn how lucky we are we didnt go down... Aired it up and rode home ..

Time to order another tire and bite the bullet...

• Member Contributer

Is it odd that "Nailer45" found a nail. Can I hope to soon find silver?? +1.gif :unsure:

Glad you made it home safe man!!!!!!!!

• Member Contributer

HA!

Not laughing at you. I picked up a nail, in my rear road attack, about 200 miles, after putt'n it on. Do these tires attract nails? LOL. Glad you made it, without incident.

Take it to a shop and have them plug it. Well worth it! :thumbsup:

If you don't like that idea, have it done anyway, and keep it for a spare.

Then you have a backup for the next 44 tires... :unsure:

• Member Contributer
Then you have a backup for the next 44 tires... +1.gif

Nailer, you better get a bigger garage.

44 tires take up plenty of room :unsure:

Silver#788[/size]']

Is it odd that "Nailer45" found a nail. Can I hope to soon find silver?? :goofy: :unsure:

And what am I supposed to find in my tires? :huh:

• Member Contributer

Gonna change my name to, "$1,000,000GOLDBAR". LOL. Find that in your tire. "Damn, I thought the bike felt funny,..."

Gonna change my name to, "$1,000,000GOLDBAR". LOL. Find that in your tire. "Damn, I thought the bike felt funny,..."

Wouldn't "winning lottery ticket" be a little easier on everyone/thing involved? +1.gif

:unsure:

• Member Contributer

I put less than 100 miles on a new Bridgestone and found a nail in it when I got home. $500 dollars later, I finally have a good new tire on the back with no nails. Of course it couldn't find its way into the front Dunlop that has a few thousand miles on it - that would be way too convenient :pissed:

By the logic of this thread, I should have found sand in my tires instead of nails. I want a re-do!

• Member Contributer

I was told this is a very bad idea and the top speed on riding a plugged tire would be about 45 mph for street bikes. Most shops here won't even do it because of liability reasons. :warranty:

• Member Contributer

I was told this is a very bad idea and the top speed on riding a plugged tire would be about 45 mph for street bikes. Most shops here won't even do it because of liability reasons. :warranty:

Actually there are some plugs available that are installed from the inside that are safe at the rated speed for the tire. The procedure requires you to drill a hole where the puncture is then using a special adhesive glue the plug in. It has a large diameter top (think mushroom) that makes for a secure fit. Even better is to get the Avons. Any puncture on a low mileage tire will get you a brand new one..free.

I think my wife was more upset than Me ..LOL She is a speed freak and she was asking how much a new tire was and how long it would take to get it ..LOL . I found out yesterday when i got home from work that she went through my motorcycle folder and found the site i bought the tire off of and ordered me a new Conti attack, Now thats a woman who loves riding..

I was going to have the tire repaired with a plug/patch that is cemented inside the tire and save it as a spare in case i become a nail magnet again..

I might even sale it to some guys i know for thier track bikes..I would tell them it was patched/plugged.

• Member Contributer
I think my wife was more upset than Me ..LOL She is a speed freak and she was asking how much a new tire was and how long it would take to get it ..LOL . I found out yesterday when i got home from work that she went through my motorcycle folder and found the site i bought the tire off of and ordered me a new Conti attack, Now thats a woman who loves riding..

Lucky man.

Never mind the damn tire.

Archived