Camera Mounts For Sale!

Guest Spyda

Guest Spyda

Just kidding! It's actually a few pieces of electrical tape, but DAMN the movies came out pretty good for a totally ghetto camera mount!

The movies came out pretty good, but they're all pretty long so I had to compress the hell out of them for the YouTube post. Check out the movie - not bad for this set up right? Fast forward to 1:20 to get past the straight road.

gallery_9499_2301_158891.jpg

Camera Mount.jpg

Guest Spyda
great idea. i have a little nikon camera, maybe i'll give it a try.

nice vid too. a couple broken double lines by your buddy, looks like a fantastic place to ride.

The vent in the screen is perfect because it gives the camera something to lean against. I rolled up a few strips of electrical tape horizontally and taped it to where the bottom of the camera would sit to prevent it from sliding down. I rode with it like that all day and didn't have any problems - other than that I kept having to download the movies onto my lapsop after each 20 minute's worth of recording! I need me a bigger card!

• Member Contributer

Dang... that actually worked very well! Nice job of using that "Southern Ingenuity" Nice roads, too.

And after watching it, I'd say your buddy needs to work on his body positioning a little.

Looks good though! I really miss those decreasing radius turns, I don't have any in my area, and I love a challenge! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

I would tape some optical grade haze or skylight filter over that rig, just so as not to pock up the lens.

you could even use one of those crap 38mm or 24mm videocam filters, they are probably about 15 bucks at Ritz or something.

My 2 cents..

Guest NoKiddin!
I'm diggin on that set up, thats good stuff right there.

P.S. How much do you want for that mount?

$20 + S&H :D

Cheap enough! I should prolly order 2 cause it gets hot round here. I'll get the check in the mail 2morrow! lol :wacko:

Edited by NoKiddin!

Guest Spyda
I would tape some optical grade haze or skylight filter over that rig, just so as not to pock up the lens.

you could even use one of those crap 38mm or 24mm videocam filters, they are probably about 15 bucks at Ritz or something.

My 2 cents..

That's good idea. How would that attach to a camera like this? More electrical tape? :D

Edited by Spyda

• Member Contributer

I couldn't tell for sure which camera you have but mine(Canon 620) will accept lens adapters. It's threaded so you can stick a 58mm UV filter on the front for protection. Lens Adapter

Oh yeah.....video looks good to me. :thumbsup:

Guest bluedragon

good roads and good video, but how did you keep wind noise down? thats all i ever get when i try to video and i can never hear my staintunes.

Edited by bluedragon