click on tires,

look for the combo deal,

it's exactly what you are looking for.

Now I want some too !

Cheers, . .. . ..

Thanks buddy!

Good feedback, thanks. But remind me never to try to keep up with you!! :goofy:

Where do people get this crazy idea that I go fast? :huh:

All I had to do was looking at your avatar assuming it was you.....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Thats not him, he photoshop'd a pic of Bailyrock and changed the bike color to red. :goofy:

Thats not him, he photoshop'd a pic of Bailyrock and changed the bike color to red. :huh:

LOL ^^^^^ :goofy: This thread is worthless w/o VIDS or more PICS..... J/K

Powers.

Roads last a long time, but they are awful in just about every other way. Power 2CTs wear too quickly for the difference between them and regular Powers.

There's a number of guys on VFRD that one can trust for giving good, sound advice. Jeremy is one of them. If he told me strapping a Pooh Bear to my seat cowl and wearing a tutu would make me go faster, I'd probably do it.

You should get one of these, they will increase your top speed by 17% and give greater stability in turns... :goofy:

accessories-200-mohawk-1.jpg

LMAO!! :P

But agree with Jeremy on the Powers v. Roads. I'd been riding on Powers and then experienced Roads when I bought Baby Red in February ... the Roads felt awful by comparison!

• Member Contributer

Thats not him, he photoshop'd a pic of Bailyrock and changed the bike color to red. :goofy:

But Bailey only gets his knee on the ground when he crashes.

It is actually a picture of Freddie Spencer! :huh:

• Member Contributer

Thats not him, he photoshop'd a pic of Bailyrock and changed the bike color to red. :huh:

Uh oh, don't tempt me with an excuse to show off...

here's a picture! :huh:

jennings1-21-07pic8.jpg

• Member Contributer

You asked for it....

PC057098a.JPG

PC057539.jpg

Jeremy4.jpg

PC056920.jpg

PC056956.jpg

091706dragon1.jpg

091706dragon2.jpg

091706dragon4.jpg

091706dragon7.jpg

Couple videos

Tuesday 5/1 Deal's Gap

Jason on camera with half of a solo run, with Kevin and I catching up about half way through.

Tuesday 5/1 Blood Mountain

Jason shooting video again with Kevin leading for the first part, and me.

Tuesday 5/1 Wolf Pen Gap Road

Jason shooting video with Kevin leading and me in the middle.

Monday 5/7 Deal's Gap

Kevin shooting video with a rear mounted camera.

You asked for it....

PC057098a.JPG

PC057539.jpg

Jeremy4.jpg

PC056920.jpg

PC056956.jpg

091706dragon1.jpg

091706dragon2.jpg

091706dragon4.jpg

091706dragon7.jpg

LOOKS GREAT!

But I have to say, in that first pic, that damn clutch lever looks like a damn bananna. HAHA! How long ago was that pic taken, I would guess that you have Pazzo's by now? I ordered a set the other day... Shortires FTW! Havent even tried them yet....LOL

• Member Contributer
LOOKS GREAT!

But I have to say, in that first pic, that damn clutch lever looks like a damn bananna. HAHA! How long ago was that pic taken, I would guess that you have Pazzo's by now? I ordered a set the other day... Shortires FTW! Havent even tried them yet....LOL

The pictures in black leathers are all from July-September of last year, white leathers are January on this year. I am still running Honda levers, could never choke down the Pazzo/CRG price tag for how often I go through levers.

I have them in stock but if you need them by THIS friday then you are gonna pay through the nose for shipping wink.gif

SWEET, I was just getting ready to shoot you a PM. HMM How much for the set and shipping? What about Saturday, that would be ok... get a total and let me know and we can go from there. Thanks.

Um, are we all talking about the same things here? unless I'm wildly mistaken...

There are few Pilots we are rambling on about:

1. Race

2. Power 2CT

3. Power

4. Road 2CT

5. Road

In the order of stickyness 1 to 5. the pilot POWER 2CT is between the Power and the race. the Pilot ROAD 2CT is between the Power and the Road. Thats why I'm getting a Pilot ROAD 2CT when my current Power is worn out.

Clear as mud?

Um, are we all talking about the same things here? unless I'm wildly mistaken...

1. Race

2. Power 2CT

3. Power

4. Road 2CT

5. Road

In the order of stickyness 1 to 5. the pilot POWER 2CT is between the Power and the race. the Pilot ROAD 2CT is between the Power and the Road. Thats why I'm getting a Pilot ROAD 2CT when my current Power is worn out.

Clear as mud?

I think youll like it to AB i have done about 1000k's on my Road 2CT rear on the Bird and love it so far, moves around less than a power, tuesday night did the Old road in the rain and was pretty impressed to, although wasnt game to push to hard with a rather bald Pilot Race front

• Member Contributer

Ride Now is a great place to do business. No Nonsense and nice people to help out with selection and the usual dumb questions I have. I ordered the Pilot Power 2CT on the strength of their positive comments. I am happy with my choice... BUT... it's been two weeks since my order ( no tires yet ) and I am quickly running out of tread on the rear. I ordered this brand because it was "in stock".

I just want fresh rubber - tires that have not spent years sitting on a shelf. But I hope they come soon!

Oh Yea - I did NOT change any of the stock tires sizes on my 05 VFR.

LOOKS GREAT!

The pictures in black leathers are all from July-September of last year, white leathers are January on this year. I am still running Honda levers, could never choke down the Pazzo/CRG price tag for how often I go through levers.

Maybe if you got the shorties on both sides, even if you did go down or lay her over - that probably wouldnt touch. What do you think?

AB-OZ - we are talking about the Pilot Powers

Birdman - do you have the same amount of confidence in the rain as when its dry with the 2ct's?

Solohvs - Thats not good, shipping (year and a half later) the pilots show up.

Hmm I was just getting ready to order through them last night until JoeW posted here and said he had them in stock.

Thanks for the warning though.

I have them but $209 is a smokin deal for a set. Especially free shipping. No wonder they are dragging their heels on the shipping wink.gif

Put it this way, I pay $219 for a set and like to make only $10 a tire on my homies on the VFRD. Retail prices mark them up about $60-80 a tire and we typically mark them up about $30 a tire. So, if you were a regular guy at my counter the prices would be $129 front and $159 rear so $290 for a set...but for anyone here I usually charge $239 plus shipping.

• Member Contributer

1. Race

2. Power 2CT

3. Power

4. Road 2CT

5. Road

Clear as mud?

We could throw in the REAL race tires, PR series, and of course the slicks too. But we don't get the Road 2CT here in the US yet, supposed to be available this fall IIRC.

the Pilot ROAD 2CT is between the Power and the Road. Thats why I'm getting a Pilot ROAD 2CT when my current Power is worn out.

I hear nothing but good about the PR2. I've just had them mounted so can't comment yet as of how well they perform.

But the 'murricans will probably take this guys word for them being good tires :lol:

• Member Contributer
I hear nothing but good about the PR2. I've just had them mounted so can't comment yet as of how well they perform.

But the 'murricans will probably take this guys word for them being good tires :lol:

He said "of any comparable tire" and I don't just take the word of any advertisement. I would like to try a set though. Are there any comparisons out between it and other tires, maybe including real sport tires?

I have heard that Michelin will be releasing a new sport tire next year that supposedly blows away the Powers. They were testing them at Jennings this week and the testers were running 1:18s versus 1:24s Powers, and only a couple seconds faster on slicks.

• Member Contributer

If these tires keep getting softer/ stickier, even I'm not going to get any mileage out of em'.....but they feel so much better than the touring stuff, that there is no way not to run em'.............. <_< ....I hold Baileyrock and Jeremy556 personally responsible for converting me to Pilot Powers..............J/K......... :P ...Now we're probably talking even softer...... +1.gif

• Member Contributer
I would get 2200-2400 miles from a regular Power rear, I got 1800 from a Power2CT rear on the same roads under the same conditions.

I have around 2600 on my rear Power and getting close to the wear bars in the center and the sides aren't far behind. I was hoping the last bit of tread would last a while, but your 2200-2400 range doesn't make me optimistic.

Front tire looks great. Any chance I'll be able to run 1 front for every 2 rear?

• Member Contributer
I would get 2200-2400 miles from a regular Power rear, I got 1800 from a Power2CT rear on the same roads under the same conditions.

I have around 2600 on my rear Power and getting close to the wear bars in the center and the sides aren't far behind. I was hoping the last bit of tread would last a while, but your 2200-2400 range doesn't make me optimistic.

Front tire looks great. Any chance I'll be able to run 1 front for every 2 rear?

I'm much easier on tires....had 2900 on my Powers, I "think" I mighta' stretched 5800-6000 out of em' on the VFR. I was running 42-44 air in the rear........40-42 air in the front................ +1.gif

• Member Contributer

I'm much easier on tires....had 2900 on my Powers, I "think" I mighta' stretched 5800-6000 out of em' on the VFR. I was running 42-44 air in the rear........40-42 air in the front................ +1.gif

I thought 40-42 was too high for the front. The sticker on the bike says 36 max for the front. I've had mine around 34. +1.gif

• Member Contributer

I thought 40-42 was too high for the front. The sticker on the bike says 36 max for the front. I've had mine around 34. :blink:

I tend to run more (usually) air than most on here and my bike was lowered...front % of drop was even a little more than stock....also don't ride quite as "sporty" as "some"...... +1.gif ...My Speed Triple on the other hand is only running 40 rear, 38 front right now....best combo I've hit so far....not lowered, lighter, shorter wheelbase............ :thumbsup:

Archived