Good Start To The Week

enzed_viffer

I've had problems with my rear tyre spinning up on damp roads recently, despite it having plenty of tread left. I phoned my friendly tyre technician about it, and he freaked out when I told him I was running the Azaro at 34 psi instead of 42, in an attempt to get some heat into / grip out of the tyre. I was hoping he'd say that after 15 months, my tyre was shagged (like an Aussie sheep), and that I should fit some Storms, ASAP. However, he poured cold water on this idea, by telling me that due to amazing demand, the Storms are all sold out, and the next shipment is at least two (2!) weeks away.

He suggested the Azaro may be contaminated by road spooge and that a good thrashing might help, to heat the tyre up and to shed the contaminated arera. :wheel:

Unfortunately, I couldn't shake myself from my torpitude in the weekend to go and perform said thrashing, despite having executive permission form the WifeAccountantPillionistPorcupine, so I dunno whether this 'cure' would've workt.

I arrived at work this morning, with my GripDilemma still floating near the top of my tiny brain. Then, when I parked the VifFerraRi, something weird happened, that has never happened before. Somehow, I managed to have the brake and throttle operating simultaneously, with the bike in gear! :unsure: Dunno how that happened, but the rear tyre spun up very readily, and there was much smoke and the Azaro squealed like a PigInPain.

Guess what? The tyre is now VERY sticky in the middle bit that was previously slippery. Yay!

Unfortunately, no-one was there to applaud or cheer. +1.gif

Nothing like the smell of burning rubber in the morning... ahh.

Smells like....... Victory! :squid:

Archived