2006 Honda Pearl White Paint

Guest white lightning

Guest white lightning

Where can I obtain? I need to repaint my left & upper cowl after finding out how poorly my vfr handles in 2" thick gravel. I want to match the factory paint.

• Member Contributer
Where can I obtain? I need to repaint my left & upper cowl after finding out how poorly my vfr handles in 2" thick gravel. I want to match the factory paint.

To my knowlege, you're hosed. Check color rite.com, but don't count on a match.

God I hope not, it is a great color and I feel like such a squid with scratches on the side of my bike. I hate to shell out for new plastics for minor cosmetic work.

Thanks for the link Rivcyko!! :thumbsup: Color Rite

They got it, I don't know much about painting but the tupperware is about 250-270 for the lower and 260-280 for the upper. There is minor rash on the side horizontal edge on the upper and only a few paint scratches on the right lower. Broke the mirror and scratched the bar end.

Low-sided two up at night making a 180 dg reverse fork, was two inches of gravel at the head of the road I was turning on. Low sided doing less than 10 mph, I always thought this thing would wind up on top of me in a ravine at deals gap.

Now just to find someone that can handle a paint gun and do it right.

God I hope not, it is a great color and I feel like such a squid with scratches on the side of my bike. I hate to shell out for new plastics for minor cosmetic work.

If it's just little nicks and stuff, try nail polish. You should be able to find some kinda pearly white color, they have almost every color under the sun... even comes with an applicator brush!

If you find one that you think will match, then get a bottle of white also. Paint on some of the white, to cover the black plastic, then topcoat with the pearl. If you find the brush is too much, use the ripped end of a paper match, it's an old bodyshop trick.

If it's just little nicks and stuff, try nail polish. You should be able to find some kinda pearly white color, they have almost every color under the sun... even comes with an applicator brush!

If you find one that you think will match, then get a bottle of white also. Paint on some of the white, to cover the black plastic, then topcoat with the pearl. If you find the brush is too much, use the ripped end of a paper match, it's an old bodyshop trick.

That top corner went to black, some of the stuff on the side could be buffed out. The bike's only 5 months old I want it restored as new. I was thinking the plastic but I know that painting will cost at least half that. Plus I don't think anyone makes a Pearl Sunbeam White nail polish, the little gold metal flakes.

• Member Contributer

That top corner went to black, some of the stuff on the side could be buffed out. The bike's only 5 months old I want it restored as new. I was thinking the plastic but I know that painting will cost at least half that. Plus I don't think anyone makes a Pearl Sunbeam White nail polish, the little gold metal flakes.

Where are you??? We have a really good painter that can match just bout any color, if I can help let me know, this is what we do,,,,bikes for fun,,,,, not biz

BTW, IMHO, stay away from the spray can stuff, the end result may not be what you want,and a pro painter may not want to repair,,, after the attempt to repair.

Where are you??? We have a really good painter that can match just bout any color, if I can help let me know, this is what we do,,,,bikes for fun,,,,, not biz

BTW, IMHO, stay away from the spray can stuff, the end result may not be what you want,and a pro painter may not want to repair,,, after the attempt to repair.

Wouldn't think of the spraypaint, I want to look at the bike and not tell it happened. Then it would all have to be sanded down.

I'm in Northern AL near Decatur. AZ's a little far off but a bud at work knows a custom painter.

• Member Contributer
Wouldn't think of the spraypaint, I want to look at the bike and not tell it happened.

If you really, really mean that then buy new plastic. servicehonda or ronayers.com are two good sources. Trying to match a pearl is really difficult and the touch up pens/bottles are really only good for tiny holes/specks. A true scratch down to the black won't match. BTDTBTTS (been there done that bought the tee shirt) many times.

• Member Contributer
Wouldn't think of the spraypaint, I want to look at the bike and not tell it happened.

If you really, really mean that then buy new plastic. servicehonda or ronayers.com are two good sources. Trying to match a pearl is really difficult and the touch up pens/bottles are really only good for tiny holes/specks. A true scratch down to the black won't match. BTDTBTTS (been there done that bought the tee shirt) many times.

Ya. The clear is gonna be the b!t*h. IMHO, since you ordered already, I say, roll with it. There are some fantastic body guys around here,...errr,....Great paint and fab guys,..LOL. Some good threads have been resurrected on touch-ups. Prolly your best bet. Get it all out, then do a full re-paint. I have a problem with that personally, but I work through it day at a time. LOL. MI roads don't help keep my plastics from needing touch-up, by the end of the season, but in a couple years, (after gett'n some more paint under my belt), I hope to wow myself. :thumbsup:

Pearl is a real bear to paint... it requires all three layers to get the effect right... and the pearl layer thickness can easily vary changing the finished appearance... too much and it looks dark, too little and it looks light. my lowers and uppers look different shades to me under certain light because of the thickness of the pearl coat.

Get a good paint guy, and he'll try to match it by using another piece to compare after he shoots the pearl and before the clear... but, don't get made at him if the color looks a shade off... it's that hard to do.

darker pearls are easier... probably gonna shoot my VFR pearl blue next...

BarberVFR5.jpg

Thanks for the pointers. I am going to talk to a couple of the custom painters around and get a feel for who can do it. If it looks as if someone can't match or it's close enough to new tupperware I'll go with the new plastic.

but in a couple years, (after gett'n some more paint under my belt), I hope to wow myself. :thumbsup:

:huh: WTH are you talking about Travis???? My Bug Buster (That you said was "flawed") was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! Couple of years??? More paint under your belt??? Dude! You are pretty good now. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
but in a couple years, (after gett'n some more paint under my belt), I hope to wow myself. :thumbsup:

:huh: WTH are you talking about Travis???? My Bug Buster (That you said was "flawed") was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! Couple of years??? More paint under your belt??? Dude! You are pretty good now. :thumbsup:

Thank you! I do appreciate it. LOL. One key to a good paint guy, is NOT having to sand, to get the finish, that you have. (At least not as much as I have been). LOL.

God I hope not, it is a great color and I feel like such a squid with scratches on the side of my bike. I hate to shell out for new plastics for minor cosmetic work

They got it, I don't know much about painting but the tupperware is about 250-270 for the lower and 260-280 for the upper.

If you can get the replacement plastic for those prices....you should reconsider having a respray done. I've sprayed with a gun in my hand daily for the past 7 years and if you know how much painters charge and what the chances of having things match up when spraying pearls....... UMMMMMM.

I'd buy the plastic. Just my 2 cents worth, which is all it's worth.

+1.gif Travis is an artist

it not just white , its pearl white, I have the pearl black , full of sparkles. About one month after I had my bike it was parked on the back porch, it was rainy and wet. I started the bike in neutral gave it a big backward push to get of the porch and drop off a ledge. Unfortunately I forgot to put the kick stand up, so when the rear wheel dropped off the ledge the kickstand caught the porch a Bump we are goin over. Fornt wheel still up on the porch and bike kind of inverted, that was hell to pick it up , took everything I had. But it put a nice vertical scratch on my upper cowl. I got some touch up paint , doesnt really match well but close enough for the stupid>G<

For small nicks (from rocks) on the pearl white check out Sharpie PAINT markers for your future use. They are a darn good color match, no sparkles but at least the black does not show through. With a brand new bike, I would probably buy new plastics if I were you and sell your old ones on ebay.

• Member Contributer

Depending on how bad it really looks you could buy a small bottle of touch up paint from Honda and get one of those hobby spray guns to try touching it up. I dropped my 93 in an embarressing parking lot manuever months ago and last week tried touching up some nicks. With the applicator brush it doesn't look to great, so I might try the hobby spray gun approach. Mine is also pearl white.

Cool, I'm gonna try this one too :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Thanks for the pointers. I am going to talk to a couple of the custom painters around and get a feel for who can do it. If it looks as if someone can't match or it's close enough to new tupperware I'll go with the new plastic.

If the scratches are not too deep, you can try this: 00002897.jpg

It did miracles on mine. Not perfect, but not noticeable anymore. There is the other one (which I can't remeber the name and I am to lazy to go check the name) that is a step less aggressive, which you need to complete the finish. As a mattter of fact they recommend starting with that one.

Buying new plastics allows you to used the scratched one for track days . :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
Buying new plastics allows you to used the scratched one for track days . :thumbsup:

I just snagged a perfect right lower cowl off ebay for 50 bucks. List 270-380. Afraid if this bike was actually laid down it wouldn't fair very well even with spare plastic.

• Member Contributer

I used color rite on my hard bag and also had an extra seat cowling (from my totalled red 04) painted. My paint guy did a good job of it - but you have to buy all three - base, color, and clearcoat for it to work. I see no difference and in fact have him painting an 03 asphalt tank for me now with the left over paint. Only problem is the paint is pricey.

Archived