Tennessee Waltz

• Forum CEO

gallery_491_2157_7225.jpg

Video

Baileyrock, Shannon and I took a side trip to Ocacee Lake then looped back on TN30 to Tellico Plains last Fall during the Fall Dragon Ride. We sort of took a pace comfortable for Shannon and still challenging in the corners, a no brakes sort of ride! I enjoyed myself following the both of them. This being the second time on that road, having done it once before at the TexasMac Meet earlier that spring. At almost the same pace even! There was only one car the whole way!

The Map

Google Map of the route

Highway 30 meanders across most of the south eastern state of Tennessee and probably one of the best stretches of road I have ridden in all of the USA! including the section featured in the video it stops and then continues northwest from Etowah then again gets rather twisty again from Dayton to just past Spenser where the road is just beautiful!

gallery_491_2157_77832.jpg

TN 30 Google Earth Image

gallery_491_2157_14819.jpg

Down the Pass to Pikeville OHH fun! TN hwy30

gallery_491_2157_1331349.jpg

Up The Other side of Pikeville TN hwy 30 this side was TIGHT!

gallery_491_2157_79132.jpg

TN hwy 30 Near Spencer! Wow it was great!

THE VIDEO

1165263285-wltz.jpg

:rolleyes:

Tennessee Waltz Video

Baileyrock, Shannon, and I go for an enjoyable ride north on Tennesse Hwy 30 From Ocaee Lake to Reliance TN. wmv format 8 min long, and music by Metheny Mehldau (cd of the same name jazz)

attached are a google earth file and a streets and trips file of the route we took

• Member Contributer

Can be on 30 the "backway" in less than an hour from my house................ :beer: ...Great video HS... :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Can be on 30 the "backway" in less than an hour from my house................ :goofy: ...Great video HS... :thumbsup:

Your videos are a blessing for those of us "unable" to ride right now..... Thanks HS! These vids are one of the reasons VFRD is the BEST!

Kevin

PS

I'm gonna be getting a video rig on my new bike, so I may need some help with getting them into the format to easily work here!

• 8 months later...

That's an old one but good one. TN VFR Girl has really gotten much better than even last year, very fun to watch how fast she has advanced! :thumbsup:

She was struggling a little that day! +1.gif

• Member Contributer
That's an old one but good one. TN VFR Girl has really gotten much better than even last year, very fun to watch how fast she has advanced! :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

At TMac she had much better lines, body position, and confidence. I am sure she has come a long way even since then with a track day.

Yep pete,

ties in with 315 to go over to Tellico. Fun roads!

Hey Kevin & Marty, didn't we ride that road at this past meet? That bridge looks awful familiar...

Most likely as I always try to add that loop to all my trips over there! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Yep that is the road we pulled the viffer out of the creek! After the decreasing radius turn!

RE: TN viffer chick, if i can ever get where i can up load again, i have some video evidence of her improvement at Deal's gap.... just trying to get this stupid internet connection to cooperate! grrr...

A little ... yikes!! That was pretty awful! :goofy:

I hadn't seen that video before tonight (didn't have internet at home and the firewalls at work wouldn't let me view it) ... I was just about to post up and assure you guys that I'm much improved and not near as bad to ride with anymore!! B)

Thanks Baileyrock, Jeremy and KWR8728 for the confirmation!! :rolleyes:

KWR8728:

That is a great road once you get off of 64 (I think). I hate to say it, but the rafters have ruined that stretch of road since the Olympics. All of those old school bues loaded down with rafts and half drunk yuppies scare the crap out of me. The buses think they own the road and come off and on the road whenever they feel like it.

Isn't Reliance, TN the neatest little town around. People don't believe it until they've been there.

• Member Contributer
KWR8728:

That is a great road once you get off of 64 (I think). I hate to say it, but the rafters have ruined that stretch of road since the Olympics. All of those old school bues loaded down with rafts and half drunk yuppies scare the crap out of me. The buses think they own the road and come off and on the road whenever they feel like it.

Isn't Reliance, TN the neatest little town around. People don't believe it until they've been there.

64 is like the Gap, go before 10am or during the week! Still fun, minus all the buses and what not! Reliance, i dont get how that could be a "town"! But, hey its tennessee right?

KWR8728:

My point exactly. I find it interesting/refreshing living in Atlanta that places like Reliance still exist.

For what it's worth guys, the last time we were there, the place was crawling with hotties getting ready to go rafting.

(This thread sure took off in a strange direction didn't it?)

Archived