Exhaust System Sound Clips *vroom*vroom*

VFRiderGal

• Member Contributer

I am looking for sound clips for exhaust systems on the VFR. :music: I would like to listen to what different systems sound like installed on the VFR. I've been thumbing through this topic and am not seeing too many... I know they have to be out there. :D I've even done a google search and I'm coming up short. If there isn't one location, I'm curious if The-one-&-only-computer-guru-super-motorcycle-God-HispanicSlammer can hook us up?!?!?! What a cool resource that would be! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Been think 'bout this too. We need a contol. ex: Recording devise must be at 0 on gains, and such. Bike, outside, with no immediate surroundings,..say a 8 foot radius? The mic pointing directly at the back of the bike, then at a 90 deg. angle. Say,.. 5 feet back, 3 feet off the ground? Perhaps with enough samples, like that, we could get H.S. to pin a sound gallery. Do the bike yr., milage, engine mods, etc. There has been mention of some members willing to host some space. :warranty:

Yup! Definatly think'n too much. I go to work now.

• Member Contributer

Best sounding systems I've heard:

Micron (large oval/carbon) - deepest and boomiest

Remus (large oval/titanium) - quieter version of the Micron

Staintune (small round/stainless) - most unique and gnarliest

Kerker (large round/titanium) - combination of the Micron and Staintune

Been think 'bout this too.

:idea3:

I nearly did a recording the other week (well... I nearly got PuddingPimp to do it) using a decent set up, when we were recording The Death Of Grandma's Old Piano.

I know one has been posted previously but I added a new clip the other day with the ol staintune (2nd link) at a half throttle acceleration. See what ya think...

I think I almost messed my pants it sounded so good.

I love the aggressive bark of the Staintune... much different than an inline four with a slip on. I'd love to hear a drilled stock exhaust.

Been think 'bout this too. We need a contol. ex: Recording devise must be at 0 on gains, and such. Bike, outside, with no immediate surroundings,..say a 8 foot radius? The mic pointing directly at the back of the bike, then at a 90 deg. angle. Say,.. 5 feet back, 3 feet off the ground? Perhaps with enough samples, like that, we could get H.S. to pin a sound gallery. Do the bike yr., milage, engine mods, etc. There has been mention of some members willing to host some space. :idea3:

Agreed!

Guest fulcrum

There was a page on the net where someone reviewed a few different exhausts on the VTEC VFR. They had sound clips and talked not only about the sounds, but ease of installation, customer service, quality of fittings, etc.

The sound clips included:

1) Standard pipe

2) No pipe

3) Baffled Staintune

4) Unbaffled Staintune

5) Micron

6) Another one that I can't remember

I just spent a few minutes searching and can't find the page sad.gif

I'll see if I have the link saved at home.

:idea3:

I know one has been posted previously but I added a new clip the other day with the ol staintune (2nd link) at a half throttle acceleration. See what ya think...

I think that presumably mine sounds that good too, seeing it's also got a Satantune. Trouble is, I've never heard it, except from the pilot's perch. :biggrin:

Here's something amazing:

I know it's not VFR, but it IS a Mini-ceptor (almost).

Ok - a MiniHawk then.

I think iffen I didn't already have a Satantune on, I'd get them (Neptune) to make me a zorst. When I enquired about prices for VFR800, surprisingly enough they'd never made one, but were happy to use my bike as a prototype, at a discounted price.

Whoops! Wrong linky; I was thinking of this one:

• Member Contributer
There was a page on the net where someone reviewed a few different exhausts on the VTEC VFR. They had sound clips and talked not only about the sounds, but ease of installation, customer service, quality of fittings, etc.

1) Standard pipe

2) No pipe

3) Baffled Staintune

4) Unbaffled Staintune

5) Micron

Yes! I remember that page... Oddly enough I tried accessing it today but its no longer working...

I had saved the Standard Pipe, Baffled Staintunes and Unbaffled Staintune.

Here you go!

• Member Contributer

1) Standard pipe

2) No pipe

3) Baffled Staintune

4) Unbaffled Staintune

5) Micron

Yes! I remember that page... Oddly enough I tried accessing it today but its no longer working...

I had saved the Standard Pipe, Baffled Staintunes and Unbaffled Staintune.

Here you go!

Hey! I found something else that I had saved from that site... an installation guide for the Staintune for 6th Gen VFRs.

Here it is in PDF format. Might be usefull since it has some nice Pics... Sorry I did not save the Micron or Two Bros part... I had my mind set on the staintunes :idea3:

The URL of that site used to be : http://www.is2k.com/autozone/exhaust_staintune_install.htm

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I think I almost messed my pants it sounded so good.

I love the aggressive bark of the Staintune... much different than an inline four with a slip on. I'd love to hear a drilled stock exhaust.

Drilled stock? Or Staintuned?

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23155

Post #14 wink.gif

THe sounds of the exhaust will always be subjective to your own ears.

I love the gutted exhaust I'm running, it was cheap, effective, and kept the stock look which I like.

I just listened to Fotomoto's Leo exhasut - that sounds great!! VeeferCanucks undertail - awesome as well.

TO each his own! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

You guys (& gals) are awesome!

Unfortunately, I've spent much of my bonus and Christmas $$ on some other mods. I have a few pennies left, but not enough for a new exhaust. That's ok though.... I was prioritizing needs over wants. I've gotta admit, that's tough to do with these beauties! [Either I'll save my pennies for the exhaust, or I'll just gut 'em. It would be nice to score a used set (maybe with a small ding or two) dirt cheap!]

Anywho... just wanted to say thanks again for all who tossed up sound clips. :music: Hope it helps others too! :thumbsup:

~ Jodie

• Member Contributer
You guys (& gals) are awesome!

Unfortunately, I've spent much of my bonus and Christmas $$ on some other mods. I have a few pennies left, but not enough for a new exhaust. That's ok though.... I was prioritizing needs over wants. I've gotta admit, that's tough to do with these beauties! [Either I'll save my pennies for the exhaust, or I'll just gut 'em. It would be nice to score a used set (maybe with a small ding or two) dirt cheap!]

Anywho... just wanted to say thanks again for all who tossed up sound clips. :music: Hope it helps others too! :thumbsup:

~ Jodie

Slammer had mentioned direct submission of exhaust clips, to his e-mail, for server space. (The previous perameters, I had mentioned, are what I took my drilled, at, [- the 90 degree]). :salesman:

Flash,

Missed your avatar. Fits nicely. :thumbsup: Glad you went to the old one. It works.

Flash,

Missed your avatar. Fits nicely. :thumbsup: Glad you went to the old one. It works.

Thanks I think that dancing spidy is hilarious and so does my daughter, so I guess it stays. Not sure why once and awhile it stops being animated, maybe the hosting site glitches every now and again ?????

My screen name is more of a play on my profession as a skilled welder, but hey thanks for leading the ppl down the wrong path. LOL

F&F

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

I don't have a sound clip for Mr.RC45 V4 but it shares the 360 degree crank firing order of this Ducati Desmosedici 990 V4 and thus produces the same distinctive drone sound... I believe 360º crank 990 V4s are the sound of the future...

Start

http://www.hyperpastabiker.net/desmosedici_start.mp3

Fly by

http://www.hyperpastabiker.net/desmosedici%20fly%20by.mp3

• 11 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Bump. Since the player is gone, and I have this new clip.

6th gen w/BOS, (I believe the baffles are out).

http://media.putfile.com/Dont-mess-with-Kev-BOS-audio-clip

Lets keep this thread going.

I wish I had a way to post one of my NC30. At one time I had it nearly gutted and not too

long ago put fresh stainless mesh and new packing. Sounds even better than when I got it.

I have the Viper, they come in three sizes a shortie, one a bit longer and a full size. For a

budget they are great.

• 3 weeks later...

1) Standard pipe

2) No pipe

3) Baffled Staintune

4) Unbaffled Staintune

5) Micron

Could you possibly be referring to this website???

Not too many sound clips these days, but it does describe the other info you mentioned.

Archived