Sidi Strada Tepor Evo Boots

So the boots are my last thing on my shopping list, and I was initially looking at the Sidi On Road Sympatex boots, but after further reflection, I'm leaning towards the Strada Evos.

Wondering if anyone can please post up their experiences with them, good, bad or ugly.

Linkage:

http://www.newenough.com/intl/sidi_strada_..._boots_page.htm

$220 USD.

2005_plate.jpg

They look quite similar to my Gaerne ST Drys. Which I will plug till the day I die. Comfortable and absolutely waterproof. Dont know the Sidi's as well, but they do look similar...

• Member Contributer
So the boots are my last thing on my shopping list, and I was initially looking at the Sidi On Road Sympatex boots, but after further reflection, I'm leaning towards the Strada Evos.

Wondering if anyone can please post up their experiences with them, good, bad or ugly.

Linkage:

http://www.newenough.com/intl/sidi_strada_..._boots_page.htm

$220 USD.

2005_plate.jpg

I got a pair just to have some waterproof boots on my trip coming up in late August. I have not had to test them for "dryness" yet but they are very comfortable and will probably be what I take on the vacation ride.They are my first Sidi street boot but I have had experience with their dirt bike boots and these live up to my expectations. I don't think you will be disappointed, Rob.

Ernie

• Member Contributer
I got a pair just to have some waterproof boots on my trip coming up in late August. I have not had to test them for "dryness" yet but they are very comfortable and will probably be what I take on the vacation ride.They are my first Sidi street boot but I have had experience with their dirt bike boots and these live up to my expectations. I don't think you will be disappointed, Rob.

Ernie

:rolleyes: And very waterproof.

• Member Contributer

I've owned a pair of tepor evos for three years now. Absolutely great boots. They have kept me dry on some all day rain days. Plus, they are comfortable enough to walk around in all day, too.

I bought mine 2 months ago and just did 3500 miles in them and they kept me comfy and dry. I was using

Alpinestars for the last 2 years. I was able to score them for $165 new locally so shop a little more and you might find a better price. But I love the people at New Enough and they will treat you right. When I bought mine I tried EVERY boot on from Oxtars, Cortex, Alpinestars, ect. and I always came back to these. Always wear wool socks with them!

• Member Contributer

I have the Sidi Vertigo Air's, they make those in a tepor waterproof as well. I love them. Fantastic boots. I did a lot of research and I could not find anyone who was unhappy with Sidi's. You can get them for 275 I think from absolutecycle.com. I bought them from newenough, mentioned the cheaper price and got free shipping to make up the difference (I had other stuff on order).

Guest Gnatman

I have a pair and find them comfortable. They are waterproof as I have worn them in rain several times, and my feet stayed completely dry. Since they are waterproof, my only chief complaint is they are hot, and I have to take them off wherever I go to let the perspiration on my feet dry. I even wear socks that wick moisture away, but that doesn't help much.

• Member Contributer

I bought a pair of Strada Tepor Evos last October, and I absolutely love them. I don't usually ride in the rain, but the few times I got caught they kept my feet dry, and in these recent 100+ degree days here in SoCal don't think they are too hot at all. Sure, your feet might get toasty if standing on hot pavement on a 95 degree day, but they are very comfortable once you get moving. Not once in the past 10 months that I've had these, have I ever thought..."Dang, these boots are hot!" Never...

On a side note, check out the Sidi sizing guide on New Enough...the Sidi's are European sized, and in my opinion run a little small. I usually wear a 8.5 to "maybe" a 9, and thought a 42 would be perfect. But a 42 was too small and I ended up going with a 43...which supposedly is a shade larger than a 9...?

Anyway, these are great boots. You won't be disappointed...

I bought a pair of Strada Tepor Evos last October, and I absolutely love them. I don't usually ride in the rain, but the few times I got caught they kept my feet dry, and in these recent 100+ degree days here in SoCal don't think they are too hot at all. Sure, your feet might get toasty if standing on hot pavement on a 95 degree day, but they are very comfortable once you get moving. Not once in the past 10 months that I've had these, have I ever thought..."Dang, these boots are hot!" Never...

On a side note, check out the Sidi sizing guide on New Enough...the Sidi's are European sized, and in my opinion run a little small. I usually wear a 8.5 to "maybe" a 9, and thought a 42 would be perfect. But a 42 was too small and I ended up going with a 43...which supposedly is a shade larger than a 9...?

Anyway, these are great boots. You won't be disappointed...

I agree with everything said above, except the overheating issue. These are warm boots.

In fact, the only moisture that you will experience in these boots is from sweat.

I wear some "wicking" type socks with them, so it's manageable, but in really hot weather (like we are having right now), they do get warm.

However, I liked the Strada boots so much that I bought the same boot in the "Air" model.

These are vented and work very well in the hot weather.

Same fit, same comfort level.

That being said, the Evo Tepor's are likely the more versatile of the two.

I wear size 9 or 10 footwear, and I ended up getting the 9.5 in these boots and they fit well.

I also wear them with an insole/insert with them which makes them even more comfortable.

What I really like about them is the subtle styling. Sporty looking enough, but without all the "bling" that normally adorns sport boots.

They fit nicely over leathers or under jeans.

And the price is right, imo.

I'll agree with Robert and everyone else that these are excellent boots. I've had a pair for 2 years now and they are so comfortable to wear on the bike and off. My one and only complain, like Robert, is that they are warm in the summer and the only moisture I feel is from sweat. I've worn them for hours in the rain during the winter and not one drop of rain entered the boot. I'd highly recommend them. I'm gonna be looking for the Air version soon to have for summer riding.

Since they are waterproof, my only chief complaint is they are hot, and I have to take them off wherever I go to let the perspiration on my feet dry. I even wear socks that wick moisture away, but that doesn't help much.

That's why I bought the Styl Martin "StylSafe" boots. I got those for the same price as the Sidi Strada, but the StylSafe has a leather outer and better inner, so it doesn't EVER get sweaty.

I was tempted to get the Stradas as they looked much nicer, but the features (and leather) of the StylSafe was just too much to pass up.

The Lorica may look (and allegedly) perform like leather, but at the end of the day, it's still just plastic.

That's why I bought the Styl Martin "StylSafe" boots. I got those for the same price as the Sidi Strada, but the StylSafe has a leather outer and better inner, so it doesn't EVER get sweaty.

I was tempted to get the Stradas as they looked much nicer, but the features (and leather) of the StylSafe was just too much to pass up.

The Lorica may look (and allegedly) perform like leather, but at the end of the day, it's still just plastic.

My absolute favorite boots are my Vendraminis. I told my boss how much I like 'em and he wears his to work every day now. About half the time, I don't change out of 'em during the work day; they are like wearing slippers.

I just ordered a pair of vertebras for the track; we'll see how they are.

Steve

• 5 weeks later...
Well, I ordered them today from newenough.com :thumbsup:

I tried various boots from Sidis lineup at a few dealers and the sizing was always one size larger than my current boots which are Teknic Violators.

My Teknics are a 9 (or a 42 Euro) and the Sidis fit with a 10 (size 44 Euro).

Local stealers wanted $450 Cdn for them! :goofy:

Isn't it amazing how much more this stuff costs here in Canada?

I got my Nolan N102 from an online site for $200 USD which was about $230 CAD at the time.

A local dealer wanted almost $400 CAD for this lid!!

I'm lucky enough to have someone in the states take delivery for me and send the goods up to me as a gift (no customs fees), but even still it would have been over $100 cheaper to order it in and pay the shipping/brokerage fees.

What happened to NAFTA??!!!??

• 2 weeks later...

More developments, the size 10's I ordered were too small, even though my Teknics were 9's and fit fine.

I ordered a second pair, size 11 and they fit perfect. Go figure.

Now to return the first pair. Newenough is great for custserv, but the sucky part is losing out on the shipping.

Makes the boots not such a good deal anymore. sad.gif

For what I spent in shipping (3 ways) I could have had the blingy CF shinguards. <_<

• 6 months later...
More developments, the size 10's I ordered were too small, even though my Teknics were 9's and fit fine.

Now to return the first pair. Newenough is great for custserv, but the sucky part is losing out on the shipping.

For what I spent in shipping (3 ways) I could have had the blingy CF shinguards. <_<

So now that you've had them for a while, do you like them? Thinking about ordering the same boots. Thanks!

So now that you've had them for a while, do you like them? Thinking about ordering the same boots. Thanks!

Coff, coff, dusty thread alert! :beer:

Welp, I rode in them only a few times, but enough to say that I like them just fine.

They're very comfortable and well-made. Better for walking in than my Teknic Violators.

But the Violators have nice vents and breathe very well.

However, the Sidi's are a tad on the warm side, and when it's really nice out, your feet will sweat.

If I lived somewhere souther of here, I'd get the Strada Evo Air boots instead.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item....&Division=1

• Member Contributer

These are the boots I wear, I really wanted the water proofness. They've never leaked and I've never found them to be too hot. I've crash tested them and they held up very well. Not as comfortable for walking as my old Alpinestars but they have more protection, I can give them a big :thumbsup: .

Coff, coff, dusty thread alert! :goofy:

Welp, I rode in them only a few times, but enough to say that I like them just fine.

They're very comfortable and well-made. Better for walking in than my Teknic Violators.

However, the Sidi's are a tad on the warm side, and when it's really nice out, your feet will sweat.

Thanks! (and I should have warned you) :P That was exactly the info I needed. I was on the fence about the whole waterproof thing vs air flow. May have to get both, but I think I'll start with the air flow and go from there. Thanks again for your help... VFRD to the rescue again!

• 2 weeks later...

Coff, coff, dusty thread alert! :goofy:

Thanks! (and I should have warned you) :P That was exactly the info I needed. I was on the fence about the whole waterproof thing vs air flow. May have to get both, but I think I'll start with the air flow and go from there. Thanks again for your help... VFRD to the rescue again!

Just get both!

:-)

Archived