My gloves are bleeding.

teleskier

• Member Contributer

the problem is they use cheap dye and a poor curing process. Get rid of them and try something else. I personally have never had this problem with any leather gloves.

• Member Contributer

I had the same problem with some black Tourmaster GX Air gloves, I would get to work and my hand would look like I had been sorting coal. A little soap and water and it would come off. When I was washing my jacket in Techwash I thought about throwing the gloves in also, I am glad I did not, instead I washed them by themselves. I could not believe the amount of black dye that came out of them, I ended up running them through the wash cycle three times, with each cycle the amount of dye released was less and less. I let the gloves air dry and they did not shrink at all and they look just as good as before, except my hands stay a natural color after they are removed.

• Member Contributer

throw the gloves in the dish washer.. by themselves with the open end on some prongs.. turn of the heat to air dry only... and run 2 or 3 times.. no more runs!!!

Yup, definitely throw them in the washing machine for a cycle or two. When I first started riding a few years ago, I was using work gloves to wear on my Shadow. After my first trip, my hands were yellowish orange. <_< Hmm, not to fashionable. After a few cycles in the wash, no more yellow hand.

Another option for you bleeding gloves are disposable latex gloves. Like the kind the dentist uses. A minor pain to throw em on everytime you want to wear your leather gloves, but keeps the hands from getting black.

Just a thought I guess

Guest Left Blank

I had a pair that did the same thing. My dad said to soak them in vinegar overnight then wash them. wink.gif Hmmm...I think I just threw the gloves away so I don't know if it would have worked or not. :unsure: I guess that doesn't help any.

• Member Contributer

Had the same experience with TourMaster gloves (forget the model). Complained to them and after a number of calls got them to exchange them for another style that has a liner. Those didn't have the dye bleeding problem, but the palm seams wore out quickly.

I went with some Held gloves finally. No problems at all, so far.

• Member Contributer
Another option for you bleeding gloves are disposable latex gloves. Like the kind the dentist uses. A minor pain to throw em on everytime you want to wear your leather gloves, but keeps the hands from getting black.

Just a thought I guess

:beer: I keep some in my tank bag in case I'm in the rain for long.

I agree about how it's mostly the cheaper gloves with their cheaper dying process that have the color running problem when they encounter any moisture. My Held gauntlet gloves never bled on my hands in the so many years I have owned them, while my Akitos left stains on my hands and textile jacket the first time I got caught in the rain with them. There must be some additional dye setting process used by Held to prevent this.

So far my relatively cheap Teknic Violator Carbon Gauntlets haven't pissed it's black color on me yet after close to three years of use. Maybe the better dying processes are working their way into the more affordable brands.

Beck

95 VFR

Great help. Thanks guys. I will gice them a go around in the washing machine. I will let you know if it works. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived