Shift Light Install How-To

Trace

• Member Contributer

Added the Raptor Shift light over the weekend. Wiring done as follows..

1) Power : Didnt want to take chances with anything related to engine so tapped into the "Black/Red" wire heading to the Flasher. Its a direct power source from fuse#3.

2) Ground : took it straight to the frame

3) Pulse : connected to the coil.

4) Launch Mode : Wire left it open (not connected to anything)

One QUERY

- WHAT is the difference between LAUNCH mode and SHIFT mode ?

- Anyone used this feature.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member Contributer

I wonder if you could hot-wire your seat so that you got a jolt in the arse when you reach a shift point? Then you could keep your eyes on the road where they belong, and never miss a shift. (J/K, sorta)

I wonder if you could hot-wire your seat so that you got a jolt in the arse when you reach a shift point? Then you could keep your eyes on the road where they belong, and never miss a shift. (J/K, sorta)

Yes, this could be done. Let me know if you want one.....and whether you prefer to be shocked or just nudged....

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

1) Power : Didnt want to take chances with anything related to engine so tapped into the "Black/Red" wire heading to the Flasher. Its a direct power source from fuse#3.

One QUERY

No one ?

• Member Contributer

One QUERY

No one ?

I believe 'launch' is when starting from a dead stop... meaning you probably wouldn't want to rev the bike to 10,500 and drop the clutch.. you might want to launch from like 6k and go... then you'd want regular shifts where you are running up to the top of your powerband for shifts from then on out.

• Member Contributer

Yes, this could be done. Let me know if you want one.....and whether you prefer to be shocked or just nudged....

Seriously, or are you just playing with me? I know you're the electronics guru, but this is really a viable option?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

So what settings have you all kept the Shift light at ?

SHIFT LIGHT @ 5900 x 2 = 11800 RPM

LAUNCH RPM @ ?

LAUNCH LIMIT @ ?

Was wondering if i could use the LAUNCH RPM to check the correct idle speed @ 1200 RPM as disabling this is easy.

• 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

Hello guys,

I've installed a shiftlight/knock sensor combo on my bike. I'm a bit confused as to where to draw the pulse for the shiftlight function though. As far as I understand it is connected to the ground wire of the ignition coils.

I'm just adding a scan from the service manual to make sure I understand correctly.

post-5871-0-99195200-1348690664.jpg

So is this where the pulse is taken from (for the shiftlight)? It seems there are two seperate ground wires on the coil, which one would I choose?

• Member Contributer

Hello guys,

I've installed a shiftlight/knock sensor combo on my bike. I'm a bit confused as to where to draw the pulse for the shiftlight function though. As far as I understand it is connected to the ground wire of the ignition coils.

I'm just adding a scan from the service manual to make sure I understand correctly.

post-5871-0-99195200-1348690664.jpg

So is this where the pulse is taken from (for the shiftlight)? It seems there are two seperate ground wires on the coil, which one would I choose?

I really hate to bump this but I need help and I haven't been able to find anything of any use in the internet so far...

• Member Contributer

You could also tap on to the rpm wire at the pcm ...check the wiring diagram to which wire to tap to. Also i had to alter setting at the raptor. I think i have it on my posts where. Let me check.

• Member Contributer

Thanks Leon and AnikMankar. I am swamped with work lately but I'll check your link and my installation this weekend. I'll keep you guys updated.