MBD Strikes Again!

Skids

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Skids said:

Only thing I forgot to mention is that whilst the GPR is a lovely end can, to get the rear wheel out it needs to be removed completely along with the link pipe, which means removing the rear cowl to get at the bolts securing the RH rear peg, which needs removing too. Not a long or difficult job, just longer than rotating the end can out of the way to remove the rear wheel, like I used to be able to do. :mellow:

This surprises me. I have a high mount black widow can & link pipe and am able to remove the rear wheel without removing anything else. I guess I incorrectly assumed any/all high mount options created enough room to do it? yowsa, guess I got lucky. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Skids said:

I know what yr saying but the link pipe has to rotate/move outwards to ease it off, there's barely 2mm of gap when it's fully fitted so the link pipe has to come off too. 

Got it now, its because the joint is right behind the peg assembly.

That would be a deal breaker for me so I'm really glad you mentioned it otherwise I, and others, wouldn't have known this pre-purchase (I'm just thinking in case something ever happens to my Remus. On that the joint is forward of the pegs and the can goes  behind the rear pegs so I can take off just the can if I want)

Pity the GPR would have been my first choice as a replacement.

• Member Contributer
39 minutes ago, Bren said:

Got it now, its because the joint is right behind the peg assembly.

That would be a deal breaker for me so I'm really glad you mentioned it otherwise I, and others, wouldn't have known this pre-purchase (I'm just thinking in case something ever happens to my Remus. On that the joint is forward of the pegs and the can goes  behind the rear pegs so I can take off just the can if I want)

Pity the GPR would have been my first choice as a replacement.

I know what you mean but to be honest, it's only an extra 5 minutes or so to remove it. Simple enough. 

20230408_155315.jpg

• Member Contributer
On 4/7/2023 at 1:47 PM, Skids said:

She's back on the road (Apr to Sep) and as it was such a beautiful day here, I took her out for a short blast.

Soooooo smooth, esp at low revs, brakes excellent and handling refreshingly solid after the Crossie. And a chance to show off the new hi-level.

Some photos.

20230407_125048.jpg

That is a very silver bike!  

The blacked out indicators/taillight finish it off nicely, too.

Ciao,

JZH

Archived