Help With Pricing Oem Honda Luggage With Mounting Hardware

VifferCrab

Gents, my OEM luggage is just sitting off the bike since I purchased it about 6 weeks ago. 2002 bike, not sure what year the luggage is, RED, with mounting hardware. I'm gonna list it in the classifieds, but I really have no clue what to ask. One case is an 8/10 and looks great, the other has a few surface blemishes and some light damage commensurate with age of bike. It's worth noting the bike had under 9000 miles on when I bought it, and I took the cases off immediately. I have a bunch of pics I'll post in the classifieds of course, but I know these things were out of bounds expensive when new. What's the going rate these days... Here's just a few basic pics. I just gave them a Optimum No Rinse wash, fresh clay bar treatment, Optimum Opti Clean, then Sonax Perfect finish AIO. Got much of the surface issues taken care of, but one box needs more polishing and it does have some light damage, as I mentioned. Anyway, looking for thoughts on real pricing, I'm not trying to rip anyone off, but would like fair market value of course.

Thanks in advance...

F8A653C7-A689-404B-B7D9-E46D2E330974_zps

FF0D2616-F798-4523-B0D9-719CE4E5D17F_zps

713D9D7D-F2A5-4DD8-9990-9FCB138E6796_zps

4C980712-4CFF-42F7-9BF1-875D2360FABE_zps

8ACDD1D4-A4EE-49F8-A554-106DB1264A0A_zps

2AE0ED6C-5F0E-43DC-8C78-AC69C0C962BB_zps

• Member Contributer

They will not fit outright...

but if I can make a set fit on my 4th gen....................... :beer:

• Member Contributer

New ones are occasionally available from David Silver Spares for under $500. Based on that, I was thinking $300 shipped might be fair.

They don't currently have the 2002 red, but they do have the later red:

https://www.davidsilverspares.com/VFR8005-VTEC-2005/part_64586/

New ones are occasionally available from David Silver Spares for under $500. Based on that, I was thinking $300 shipped might be fair.

They don't currently have the 2002 red, but they do have the later red:

https://www.davidsilverspares.com/VFR8005-VTEC-2005/part_64586/

Man, it seems pricing on these things are just all over the place. There seems to be no logic at all. I've seen some ROUGH looking ones, and I do mean ROUGH, listed for 700-800 or so. I don't get it... Local set here in rough shape asking $600.00

I dunno, I wouldn't let them go for $300 shipped, I'd just keep it for that, and pass them along to the next buyer. Talked to a buddy with a VFR800, he said he paid $500 locally and they were beat to snot. This is the same person that talked me into getting this VFR. Can local market have THAT much of a difference? I'm in the DC Metro area, but man, hard for me to believe that people wouldn't just get the set you linked to, all day, then just flip them for a small profit. I will say, that the supply of these doesn't seem to be that great, so maybe it's just a supply/demand thing. I dunno.... Anyway, thanks for the info.

• Member Contributer

On the closeup of the left side one, it looks like there might be a crack in the case just above the hinge - can't tell for sure though. If that's the case, that would probably affect the value fairly significantly.

• Member Contributer

On the closeup of the left side one, it looks like there might be a crack in the case just above the hinge - can't tell for sure though. If that's the case, that would probably affect the value fairly significantly.

+1 you can price it at what ever BUT must ever one here will know about DavidSilverSpares.com

Good Luck.

• Member Contributer

Red luggage is common so you won't likely get as much... I paid $500 CDN for my pearl white set, but its damn hard to find used white luggage in good shape and they were freshly repainted. I think $400 is kinda tops on red, as there is fairly decent availability, and DSS.com as another option as noted.

I'll try the local Craigslist thing first, since shipping these isn't very desirable. But if that doesn't work, I'll for sure use use the info you guys have armed me with and sell them here.

Thanks for the info, gents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locally here in SoCal these have been on CL for a while now:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mpo/5125928368.html

If the link disappears, it's a set of hard bags for the RWB 6th gen (blue bags) with all of the mounting hardware, and non-OEM bags liners. The bags look perfect, and he says they have been only mounted once. Currently they are listed at $680 (an odd price) but it looks like reality is finally settling in, and he wants the most he can get.

He initially listed all of this for $1000 at the beginning of the summer when I saw it.

And no, I don't know the guy and have never seen/asked about them. Just trying to help you out....

Archived