Big boys in the industrial maintenance wised up to manufacturer maintenance recommendations some time ago.  My Husky apparently requires engine overhaul every 100 hours....

• Like 1
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The main influences to valve wear & thus adjustment are user use i.e. revs & routine maintenance. If you rev the nuts off the engine & rarely change the oil you will wear the cam lobes &am

None of this proves that 24,000 miles is correct, or that 24,000 kms is correct. Local Honda dealers or distributors regurgitating handbooks means Jack Shit. It’s obvious that the handbook proof reade

Hey Magneto think you're correct. We have, Ruseva, Ivanov and now Poptodorov!!! Gotta be a KGB infiltration. 😆 Comrades, keep a look out for this years release of the VFRSKI  

Posted Images

• Member Contributer

Did valve clearances on my 10,500 mile 5th gen engine and one of them was on the very edge of spec. If I’d waited for 16,000 miles it would have been out of spec for sure. 

Of course it would still run OK but wouldn’t be ideal. 

Maybe I’m too anal to leave internal maintenance for long but this sort of thing keeps me up at night! 

• Like 1

Probably  it was set in like that. There is no edge of spec as we are using a gauge  and acquired technique to feel it, meaning there is no direct measurement. It would be nice to know if you would notice/ feel any changes 6k from now if left as found.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Stray said:

Did valve clearances on my 10,500 mile 5th gen engine and one of them was on the very edge of spec. If I’d waited for 16,000 miles it would have been out of spec for sure. 

Of course it would still run OK but wouldn’t be ideal. 

Maybe I’m too anal to leave internal maintenance for long but this sort of thing keeps me up at night! 

It's a relatively straightforward job on the 5th Gen so why not if it means peace of mind.  :beer: