First ride of 2020

• Member Contributer

Happy New Year to all đŸŽ‰đŸ„‚đŸ

Thought I would start the New Year off with a quick ride around my hometown. Had the usual hot conditions, but not as bad as the southern states of Australia are copping it, the bushfires are nothing short of catastrophic at the moment, best wishes to anyone affected, stay safe.

Also decided to try out my Xmas present, a Canon 90D. Decided to stay with a DSLR as I have used them all my adult life (SLR’s anyway) and have a few lenses and accessories I will be able to continue using. Very happy so far, 32 megapixels on a crop sensor means you have to be steady handed or jump your shutter speed up a bit. Lots to learn as it has many new features over my old Canon 400D. Will hopefully post some good photos in the future.

The attached photos were taken on the Strand in Townsville, there were two dolphins celebrating the New Year about a hundred metres off the beach, all very tropical. The VFR now has 30,000km on her and I have owned it for 3 1/2 years, still looking pretty good I think.

Once again Happy New Year and ride safe.

B6C9E156-3003-48E7-999E-BBDE62E58455.jpeg

C925A77C-EA0B-4B80-BB26-45822F044D3A.jpeg

DCC462B0-5360-4484-9F32-1667D4298C57.jpeg

7E956674-47BF-4593-9EDD-A3A44C1F8469.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Best Wishes for the New Year Phil.

Great lot of photos, and the bike is looking superb, got 72,000k's on my 2014 and she's as good as new.  The 90D sounds like a top bit of kit you'll get some superb results from it. So sad about the fires, many beautiful towns I've ridden through and stayed at have been devastated, it's a massive fire effected area, and without a huge amount of rain, which is most unlikely, the future is not looking good at all, with two more very hot months to go! Keep safe Aussies.

Cheers.

• Member Contributer

D'day mate, happy new year!

Throw some prawns on the barbie for me ok?:goofy:

Archived