Sign in to follow this  
Rollos

Power commander and oem quickshifter

It shouldn't affect it negatively that I could see. The ECU cuts ignition/fuel temporarily when it senses the shift.

I have that setup and have no issues.

What kind of gains do you see with the PC? I am on the fence about getting one. Looking at a Akrapovic slip on and a Power Commander. For that kind of scratch I would like to know what folks are seeing as results. 

My current 2001 VFR800fi came with a Staintune can and a Power Commander II. For economic reasons I sold them and went back to stock. There were significant differences between the setups. With the can and PC the bike was smoother at low rpm's and quicker on acceleration all the way to red line. Much louder with out the plug and still too loud for me with the plug in. And gas mileage suffered also. I do not remember the specifics but it was more than 10%.

YMMV

I have a PC II and have had it since I bought the bike in '98. I'm using a map I got from a guy on this site and it definitely improves low end fueling as well as improving gas mileage- not a lot, maybe 2-3 mpg over stock.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 4/21/2019 at 1:00 PM, Rodento said:

What kind of gains do you see with the PC? I am on the fence about getting one. Looking at a Akrapovic slip on and a Power Commander. For that kind of scratch I would like to know what folks are seeing as results. 

Negligible gains with a PCV and Akrapovic exhaust, Buuuuutt I'm using the map from their website I haven't gotten it dyno tuned.