BackOFF brake module for 04 VFR

Harhond60

Before purchasing a BO xp mod, asking for feedback from viffer community regarding flashing brake light modules in general.  Good, bad, suggestions, etc.  Thx!

Ive got blaster x tail lights on my MT09 and my vfr streetfighter. They flash when you first hit the brakes.

I love them as they definately get attention. 

The same thing can be done manually or footally at no co$t. 🙄

In fact it's one of safe riding's most useful habits.

• Member Contributer
42 minutes ago, squirrelman said:

The same thing can be done manually or footaly at no co$t.

Yep, when I see things ahead of me looking like it might require heavy braking action or an escape maneuver, I’ll flash my brake lights before committing to a constant braking action. I’ll often do this when I’m leading a group ride too, if I see some potential danger coming up, I’ll flash the brake lights so those behind me can get a “warning” signal. 

3 hours ago, squirrelman said:

The same thing can be done manually or footally at no co$t. 🙄

In fact it's one of safe riding's most useful habits.

But it can be done much faster and more effectively for a cost.

The blaster x tailights are retina burning  LEDs, as well. Brilliant in traffic.

• Member Contributer

Flashing of brake lights is a good thing. Anything to wake up the distracted drivers behind you.  A friend of mine died when he stopped for a light and the lady behind him didn't.  

I've set the backoff module to work with LED's on a license plate frame.  I think it's hard not to notice.

I have the module on my 8th gen VFR800. It's great. I have it set on the on mode that flashes about 6 or 8 times on 2 seconds and then goes steady.  When I'm stopped at a light without a car behind me I still modulate after a three second hold. It works well.

Archived