iPhone Mount with Center Stem not available?

joepopp

• Member Contributer

Just got my 2014 and need to see what GPS/iPhone mounting options are available. My stem center hole will be filled with the 12V socket so can't use that. There doesn't seem to be enough room on the handlebar for a RAM U-Bolt. I'm guessing the Clutch or Brake Res. clamp RAM might be the only way? Anybody use the Tough Claw (third pic) on the odd shaped handlebars?

RAM-B-174U1.jpg

RAM-B-309-1U.jpg

RAP-B-400U.jpg

• Member Contributer

I'm not sure what the 2014's reservoir caps look like, but I've seen replacement ones for the old rectangular style caps with RAM balls built in or installable into them.  Honda doesn't use a huge number of different designs for things such as reservoir covers, so chances are you'll find something that will fit another Honda.  The touring guys use a lot of RAM mounts for various things, for example.  Failing that, the middle one replaces the bar clamp and will very likely fit.  The Tough Claw looks interesting, but also fairly temporary.

Get it mounted as high as you can--you don't want to be looking down at your GPS if you can help it.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I have the perch mount Ram Mounts with the "X-grip" phone holder and it works great, even when holding the phone vertically. As far as the Tough Claw, a friend of mine uses one on his crash bars to hold his GoPro and it seems to work well there, not sure how much room you have on the bars for one though. I'd recommend the perch mount or reservoir mount if needing it for your phone or nav device.

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, fink said:

Ram ball on front tank mounts.  A few posts on here about it. 

Oh yes I remember that! Will check out! 

2 hours ago, VifferJ said:

I use this one bolt ram ball for mounting my Zumo, if you zoom in on the attached pic you can see it, hope this helps, woks great IMO and doesn't cost much at all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201376883370

IMG_5408_zpsjz4cxtu3.jpg

Hi Club Racer, hope I'm not thread-jacking, but that eBay mount you listed, I could use that to stick into the center of the steering top clamp and buy the Ram mounts that fir on top to hold and iPhone?

Greatly appreciated of you or anyone can confirm as I will purchase. Thanks!

• Member Contributer
7 minutes ago, Ohlias said:

Hi Club Racer, hope I'm not thread-jacking, but that eBay mount you listed, I could use that to stick into the center of the steering top clamp and buy the Ram mounts that fir on top to hold and iPhone?

Greatly appreciated of you or anyone can confirm as I will purchase. Thanks!

Perfect and inexpensive too! Thanks Ohlias! 

Archived