Stolen VFR RECOVERED in NORCAL!!!

Alaskan

• Member Contributer

Oh, thought it would have been fitted to all marques of the VFR as it is so good in preventing thieves from starting the bike. This is the first bike that I have had with an immobiliser fitted as standard and think it is a great deterrent.

3 hours ago, Marooncobra said:

Outstanding. Good old H.I.S.S did its job. Hopefully you can rewire a new barrel in easily or can you go back in the loom to find a connector to reconnect the barrel as a new item? 

Love those wheels

I think I can buy a barrel and have it set up for my key, but I don't know that for certain . . .

• Member Contributer

There appears to be a number on ebay that include the barrel, gas cap, seat lock and keys for not a lot of money.  A bit of work but maybe the path of least resistance to setting things right.  Man it's been great to hear it was recovered.   Truly a happy ending.  :fing02:

UPDATE: 

The good news - it now is certain the VFR was not started by the thieves, although they tried; the VFR started right up with a jury-rigged wiring and a new main fuse; battery is fully charged; the Geico insurance adjuster accurately determined the value of the repairs; I am told I will be receiving the insurance payment in the next 10 days.

There is NO BAD NEWS!

Archived