New Member here, buying a VFR...

Agree the reflectors on the panniers and the bike spoil it's looks. 

Seeing as how the panniers block the side reflectors, I opted to have them put on my panniers for safety reasons - the more visibility the better IMO, and it doesn't detract from the looks with the red panniers, but it's all personal preference.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
2 hours ago, andrearonin said:

Where, exactly, did you buy those badges ? 

You can get them from US parts websites like www.cheapcycleparts.com www.partzilla.com www.ronayers.com etc

• Member Contributer
On 01/10/2016 at 6:19 PM, Katastrophe18 said:

New member here, 99% sure going to be purchasing a new, left-over VFR.  It's on my VERY short list.

WTF ? The Viffer is the ONLY bike to have, doncha know ? :goofy:

I like the white. :fing02:

Edit: Welcome to VFRD. How terribly rude of me to forget. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/10/2016 at 11:28 AM, jhenley17 said:

If all luggage can be had for $1k, I'd get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw it on cyclepartsnation.com for $807 USD!  Wish I noticed this before I paid more.

Hm. I should be buying my daughter a new bed and mattress like I intended for her birthday. But cheap OEM luggage...

Actually, I rode with my wife for almost four hours on Sunday and my arthritic back is still very loudly letting me know how it felt about that today. I may have to get a different mount if I want to go on luggage-distance rides.

• Member Contributer
On October 11, 2016 at 11:33 AM, Jochem said:

Yes, that is exactly what I did.

I had the "Interceptor" badges imported from the US.

Rondje Nederland (0).jpg

Nice! I did the opposite and had the "VFR" badges imported from the UK - lol - see vid below.  Congrats Katastrophe on your new VFR, you will love it!

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

Nice! I did the opposite and had the "VFR" badges imported from the UK - lol - see vid below.  Congrats Katastrophe on your new VFR, you will love it!

Nice additions, very nice!

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Bent said:

Nice additions, very nice!

Thanks Bent!  I saw your pm and just sent you a response.  If you go to my YT channel  (just search GatorGreg) I've got two additional vids there where you can hear me riding around with the new exhaust, one with the spider and one where the GoPro falls off - lol.  I also recorded a 3rd one this morning that I'll be uploading sometime this weekend.

On ‎11‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 5:33 PM, Jochem said:

Yes, that is exactly what I did.

I had the "Interceptor" badges imported from the US.

Rondje Nederland (0).jpg

Hi Jochem, I noticed you have installed a DAM exhaus on your VFRt. How do you like it? Did you notice any changes in power delivery?

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 6:10 PM, DriverDave said:

In case you want to see a good side by side of both red and white, with bags...and I just love this shot! 

57d1eb5ce03d9_IMG_20160724_083323520_HDR-Copy.thumb.jpg.20be9d087de581571ebad231d0965ed7.jpg

This makes me want to upgrade right now!!!  Then I look at my bank account and that makes me want to cry.  So the gen 5 retains the nod and gets new suspension.  Turned 40k last month.

Archived