New to VFRs and NC

Clap_Trap

Hello All,

This past week I picked up an 03 VFR800a (6th Gen) and am excited to be out and riding again! My wife and I just moved to the Charlotte, NC area from Chicagoland, IL for my job.

I've owned an F4i and a 81 CB900 most recently (always get drawn to Hondas) and totaled the first and sold the 2nd. I've been riding off and on for 12 yrs. I was looking for something newer and fuel injected in the sport touring genre for the wife and I to enjoy.

After looking at a few Sprint 1050's and miscellaneous others, I was able to find a VFR in near mint for the right price that had been sitting for the last 5 yrs. Just put on some Road 4's and had the Honda dealer change the fluids and give it a once over. Now it's time to look for some of the desired creature comforts!

Thanks,

ac4c0cecead35024be36d21d31b6a13d.jpg40d38b543abede43c52e68bcd8c9c89c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond!

A very kind man lives in Charlotte.....:beer:

IMG_0796.JPG

• Member Contributer

Congrats on the new toy!  You must be excited to only be a couple hours away from some of the best riding in the world.

Congrats on the new toy!  You must be excited to only be a couple hours away from some of the best riding in the world.

The group I rode with out of Chicago went every Memorial Day to Deals Gap and I never could go. It's in my back yard now and I'm chomping at the bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Welcome Mr. C_Trap! Hey... small world...I drove through your city last night.  Nice bike and enjoy those roads.

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Welcome - 2 months late.  I'm right next to Huntersville in Davidson.  You're also very close to some of the best riding in the country.  Shoot me a message and we should plan on a ride one day.  You should also do everything you can to attend Tmac in May.  Tmac is only 200 miles away from you, but people come from all over the country, Canada and once even from the Netherlands. 

• Member Contributer

Welcome Clap-Trap. Nice machine. You're going to enjoy living in NC and all the opportunities to wear out your little red machine.

Congrats on the purchase and good luck

• Member Contributer

Welcome, funny how as young boys we get a certain make under our skin...still don't think I could ride anything else.
Bet you'll be sorry you let the CB go.....they fetching more than an R1 down here in Aus!!!
But beauty of a machine, enjoy.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Archived