Well it happens

triharder

Well it was bound to happen.

Just completed a month long ride/work/ride from Maine to San Diego and back. (12,000 miles+).

Good times and great memories.  

However,  in a target fixated rider mistake I drove the poor bike off a right hand corner onto the soft shoulder at the lassan volcano national park in california.  (Easily one of coolest places I have ever ridden).

So,  does anybody have a lead on replacement stickers for an 2007 rwb?

Also, would you file an insurance claim for replacement upper and right side cowl or

Buy oem replacements 

Or

See if body shop can fix my rashes stuff?

20160707_133859.jpg

• Member Contributer

No lead on the decals since the rwb was US only.

Do the math on a claim which starts by (re)reading your policies' T&Cs.

Maybe, just maybe your insurer demands you at least notify them irrespective if you will file a claim.... Read the terms!

Glad you came off yourself unscaved, we will anticipate the rest of the pictures :-)

• Member Contributer

This  may surprise you, but your bike may very well be deemed a total loss by your insurance company.

A crash due to a target fixation, e.g. completely your fault, may and probably will reflect negatively on your insurance premium.

If there was no police report, I would think twice about notifying the ins. co. 

The body shop can definitely fix you damage.  My guess is about $600.

Stickers are on ebay.

I'm guessing that your deductible is $500?  That's he usual default unless you change it.

So, for $100 or so in savings, you are looking at a lot of headache and additional expenses in ins. premiums.

I'd move on and fix the paint.  If you really have to fix it that is - Looks fine from here :wink:

I agree with Rice. I bet that is over $2k worth of damage for a shop to fix and may total the bike depending on the insurance company. You can fix it yourself for under $1000 if you want to and not have an increased insurance premium for the next 3 years.

• Member Contributer

Get the decals from Mason City Honda, the ones on ebay are sometimes printed on crap ink or with crap paper that fades in a year or less.

Do not assume that a local painter can easily place the decals in the proper place (dont ask how i know, second set of decals just arrived) so brush up on how to apply or find someone who does decals for a living and pay them.

OR

Just order the front cowl and side fairing from Mason City.  mention VFRD and you get a 10% discount. IIRC those two parts will be about $800 from Mason City.

• Member Contributer

I'd agree with the "total loss" diagnosis. It's amazing how quick the hours add up and how little it takes to total a bike.

My advice: ride it 'til the summer ends, then tear it down yourself. If you bring a small body shop a fairing piece that has had all the decals and hardware removed and ask them to fix the scrapes and repaint it, I imagine you'll find the price fairly reasonable.

I definitely have no intentions of totaling my barely broken in bike with only 43k on the odometer.

so body shop or new fairing will be the cure.

my pride will continue to heal up.  

lesson learned, the cramp buster gets removed when off the highway.

i'm not saying that was my problem/cause but it didn't help.

Thanks for the advice.  

21 hours ago, Dutchy said:

No lead on the decals since the rwb was US only.

Sorry Dutchy the RWB was available worldwide, have heard it called the "Rothmans" scheme here in Oz due to the cancer stick sponsor colours sported by Gardner & Doohan in MotoGP.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like a epic trip. Glad your O.K. It's less of a headache to replace the plastic upper and lower. It will come with decals and paint color will match. 

The body shops will cost around the same amount plus the cost of decals. 

Check with partzilla or ron ayers. They have the best prices online and have free shipping. 

Part number#

upper cowl- 64205-MCW-K40ZA $366.48

lower right cowl- 64310-MCW-K40ZA COWL, R. FR. $378.05

Front fender 61100-MCW-D00ZR FENDER $125.05

Archived