Cell phone mount

My cell's my GPS, my storm tracker radar, my speedo check, altimeter, and my music.

Am about to buy a viffer, and wonder how best to mount the iPhone 6 in its waterproof case.  Currently use a handlebar-mounted Ram kit with the X-grip, and it's been everywhere.

I'm aware of Ram's tank-ring base and the center-stem expander-bolt base, both with the Ram 1-inch ball, but want to know what else might be out there.

• Member Contributer

Either as fink says (which I have on my 6th Gen) or use a Telferiser mount through the headstock (as my 7th Gen has).

vfr-1200f.jpg

I removed the clip from an Otterbox belt clip and added a ram ball. Works great with Fred's stem mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/19/2016 at 11:28 AM, Doc4216 said:

2015-04-18%2015.27.12_zpsgjfownef.jpg

Been using this for the last year and a half. Love it for my cell.

Doc ,

What mount is that that fits the tank bolts? did you need longer bolts?  I'd like to try something similar to this with a RokForm case and mount

4 hours ago, SquiddlyDoRight said:

Doc ,

What mount is that that fits the tank bolts? did you need longer bolts?  I'd like to try something similar to this with a RokForm case and mount

THIS! that is a slick setup! and it allows if you have a camera to be fixed pointing forward like a dash cam!

• Member Contributer

That's a standard RAM Mount U-bolt bracket, probably with 10mm longer bolts.  On the 5th gen you need to open up the holes slightly with a round file because they are just a smidge too narrow, but it's not much.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
Just now, JZH said:

That's a standard RAM Mount U-bolt bracket, probably with 10mm longer bolts.  On the 5th gen you need to open up the holes slightly with a round file because they are just a smidge too narrow, but it's not much.

Ciao,

Didn't have to do that on my 5th Gen. :wacko:

• Member Contributer
On July 17, 2016 at 5:33 PM, SquiddlyDoRight said:

Doc ,

Squid,

The RAM mount was on the bike when I bought it. I added the phone mount and extender for it. I will be home this weekend (out of state currently) and will take picks with measurements for you then.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Doc,

I went ahead and ordered the U-bolt adapter and have since mounted it over the tank bolts with no modification needed.

I am presently Mating it to a ROKForm mount that mates to my cell phone case...seems like a lot of transitions to get where I was going but the result is pretty ok

I'll post a pic here when I get a chance

Archived