Golden / Silver State 2016 - September 10 & 11, Kernville, CA

BrianF

• Member Contributer
38 minutes ago, RC1237V said:

I will leave early (5am), going down highway 1, and up 46, hit Rossi's driveway (CA229) then 58 to 178 to Kernville. I was going to switch up the route this year, but it was so much fun, and every other route involves slabbing it for too long......Ed, do you want to join me?

That (Fri Sep 09, 5am?) would give us plenty of time to enjoy some scenery.

If you want to switch it up a little around Paso Robles, I recall a Chimney Rock / Peachy Canyon loop.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, vguy said:

What is the date and approx. departure time from Kernville?

Slightly confused:

9/10 map link shows your route to Kernville.

9/11 map link starts at Shaver Lake.

Sorry, made that kind of confusing. 

9/9: everyone meets in Kernville

9/10: ride Kernville to Shaver Lake

9/11: ride Shaver Lake to Georgetown

In the past, SoCal people have peeled off sometime after Saturday, or ridden through and then made the trek home on Monday. Typically, numbers-wise, NorCal wins out big time so I don't really consider doing a "basecamp" type of ride i.e. T-Mac.

16 hours ago, crazybrother said:

Who and what are the travel plans for Friday down from Nor-Cal?

I'm going to leave work around noon or so, like last year. Then just grind it out down 99 and take 178 up through Kern Canyon. Unless you want to try to hit CA155 and find some sand!

• Member Contributer
On 6/27/2016 at 8:56 PM, ecn said:

That (Fri Sep 09, 5am?) would give us plenty of time to enjoy some scenery.

If you want to switch it up a little around Paso Robles, I recall a Chimney Rock / Peachy Canyon loop.

I did that one on my bicycle, a few years ago, very nice!

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/35.5474949,-120.7931437/35.6205109,-120.6948701/@35.5635931,-120.7794367,12.5z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m10!3m4!1m2!1d-120.7745024!2d35.5537709!3s0x80ecdbbdfec09833:0xde83ccc09cfd582e!3m4!1m2!1d-120.8057864!2d35.611648!3s0x80ecd7531d330c83:0x55f86abbcad5a4bd!1m0!3e0?hl=en

• Member Contributer
13 hours ago, BrianF said:

Sorry, made that kind of confusing. 

9/9: everyone meets in Kernville

9/10: ride Kernville to Shaver Lake

9/11: ride Shaver Lake to Georgetown

In the past, SoCal people have peeled off sometime after Saturday, or ridden through and then made the trek home on Monday. Typically, numbers-wise, NorCal wins out big time so I don't really consider doing a "basecamp" type of ride i.e. T-Mac.

I'm going to leave work around noon or so, like last year. Then just grind it out down 99 and take 178 up through Kern Canyon. Unless you want to try to hit CA155 and find some sand!

VFR 1200... No like sand... Duc 1200 Like sand...:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I see the Magpul poster behind the bike, must be a warning for any wanna-be thieves.......

• Member Contributer
On 7/27/2016 at 9:00 PM, RC1237V said:

I see the Magpul poster behind the bike, must be a warning for any wanna-be thieves.......

There's a couple... NRA sticker on the front window and a 2nd Amendment sign in the Garage too... Oh, almost forgot... The Ferocious killer beast AKA Daisy.:goofy:

On 8/10/2016 at 1:14 PM, tc339 said:

Should we be booking rooms in Shaver lake like last year?

Yeah probably. You remember what that hotel was called? It was cool - we had such a romantic room LOL

• Member Contributer

Well, my plans may have been hindered.  The project that was supposed to be done by the end of August got pushed back into September...Hopefully I can still make it but if not, I'll shoot for next year! 

2 hours ago, crazybrother said:

I'm doing Motels both nights... Who wants to share a room? Where are we going to stay in Lake Isabella and How about Shaver Lake?

Yeah no camping on this one. Kernville Inn in Kernville.

Shaver Lake Village Hotel is where we stayed last year. It's pretty small though.

18 hours ago, crazybrother said:

I'm doing Motels both nights... Who wants to share a room? Where are we going to stay in Lake Isabella and How about Shaver Lake?

I booked a room at shaver lake. Looks like they still have some rooms available. 

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, tc339 said:

I booked a room at shaver lake. Looks like they still have some rooms available. 

Tristen, can I share a room with you..?

• Member Contributer

I'm booked Kernville Inn Friday Shaver Lake Hotel Saturday, they still have rooms. 

I stayed in Kernville in June on my way back from L.A. on the VFR. The sketchy bar is still across the street, and the brewery has expanded to twice the size.

• Member Contributer

Bummed, the project I have did indeed move to the first two weeks of September! I'll have to live vicariously through any pics and post you guys put up.   :mellow: I did tell SFdownhill to join you guys, he'd be coming from Vista, Ca. so even further than me. Maybe Stucky and he can caravan together. 

• Member Contributer

Just booked mine, Kernville Inn has no more rooms, so I booked at the Kern Inn...........

15 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

Bummed, the project I have did indeed move to the first two weeks of September! I'll have to live vicariously through any pics and post you guys put up.   :mellow: I did tell SFdownhill to join you guys, he'd be coming from Vista, Ca. so even further than me. Maybe Stucky and he can caravan together. 

Lame! Too bad, in order to go fast I need a black sixth gen filling my mirrors at all times. I'll PM SFdownhill - thanks.

Also updated the first post with a couple notes.

Archived