My 5Th Gen Dyno Results

RVFR

I must say after reading some great threads here, primarily Mohawks and Highsides builds. got me thinking I should share what I got with my Dyno tune. I"m thinking now it's pretty nice considering. I don't know the history of this 5th gen other that it was owned by an aircraft mechanic. Has 33K on the clock, one owner, I've only had this 6 months, LOL it was the Staintune that sold me, I had previously been on the hunt for a clean 4th gen as that is what I've had for like 15 years, I know that bike inside and out and it too had a Staintune. But knowing a friend of mine had a 5th gen with a Staintune, he added a PC3 and got 109hp out of it, so my thoughts where to find if I could match that. I added a K-N air filter only to find Piper-cross afterwards, but what the H, I ran with it. Now the gentleman that did this is a renowned HRC RC45 tuner from the days and knows his V4s, in fact he was so into this tune working the details getting the map as right as possible. I believe he spent a little extra. Anyway the numbers speak for themselves. The only thing that stopped it from being super was the top, Mike Valasco suggested I get a full system exhaust, I went ha, it's 17 years old, in that the hunt for rocking horse poo is on, unless this TYGA header pans out. so feeling pretty good how it all turned out, yet I know more can be had, yes I'm a greedy little shit ;)

DSCF0554_zpsx6mevmb6.jpg

Nice result! Definitely not a Friday bike, then.

Terrific torque gain at just over 6k - where you really want it.

Thanks guys, yes I do Mohawk, do I dare throw it up? :wink: Mike did a few auto tune pulls a to get it into mode, then started working every 250rpms till he got it all figured out what was best, It was cool to watch it all play out. double, triple checking this and that.

Mike working it over, tough job huh?

DSC01723_zpsyacddaky.jpg

DSC01729_zps2qxczycj.jpg

Archived