5Th Gen Puig Screen

VIFFR

Hi all. I'm posting here as well as in the mod questions sub forum.

I'm looking for a supplier of the Puig racing screen (double bubble) in dark smoke for the 5th. I've decided i need this mod but can't find a supplier. I found it listed on Puig's site so i know it exists but my google-fu is poor this week.

Can anyone point me in the right direction,?

Cheers! 768a1f6d5cb53c7883d8b4f91330f60d.jpg

• Member Contributer

Revzilla is a Puig reseller but does not have this particular screen listed. Maybe they can tell you if it's still available from Puig and that they can order it for you.

• Member Contributer

Check out the MRA race double bubble. Like Ken Wera803 I looked recently and gave up after a long search. The MRA screen is very nice and reasonably priced. I prefer it over my ZG Double Bubble on my '01.

Does the Puig windscreen have any affiliation with Alberto Puig that used to "manage" Dani Pedrosa? If so, I'd stay away from it. Just a joke...enjoy your windscreen.

• Member Contributer

Does the Puig windscreen have any affiliation with Alberto Puig that used to "manage" Dani Pedrosa? If so, I'd stay away from it. Just a joke...enjoy your windscreen.

I made certain that it did not before I purchased a lot of 4 (or maybe 5) when I found them mis-labeled on ebay as VTR 800 Superhawk wind screens and the seller couldn't figure out why he had listed them thrice without a bid.

• Member Contributer

I made certain that it did not before I purchased a lot of 4 (or maybe 5) when I found them mis-labeled on ebay as VTR 800 Superhawk wind screens and the seller couldn't figure out why he had listed them thrice without a bid.

How do you like the Puig DB? Looks like a nice wind screen. My ZG DB directed the wind flow right into my collar bones and shoulders freezing them on cold days and creating a lot of turbulence/noise under my Shoei chin bar. I switched back to stock because of it.

I ask because judging by the awesome jacket I received at TMAC we're about the same size...

...except for your freakishly long arms :goofy:

• Member Contributer

yes...it can be convenient to scratch your knee without the need to bend at the waist but it is more difficult to find shirts and jackets that fit. You will seldom see me without a pair of over the cuff gloves on when in my gear.

I like the Puig but I run them without the small piece of trim that "finishes" the top edge of the windscreen as I think it adds some turbulence to my area. My Arai Corsair has gradually and without my noticing it become very noisy. I recently switched back to a different helmet and was amazed at the lack of wind noise so YMMV.

Archived