Custom Paint Ideas

thebigtea

Fellow Viffers, I am going to have custom painted plastics done for my 2003 VFR and I would love to have some opinions on the ideas I have. Please see below:

Let me know what you think of the ones below, and any ideas you may have. I have implement them pretty quickly.

Thanks!

WPyvx2xl.png

f6E5fcol.png

w0A1ez9l.png

1tWDFosl.png

8kUZJQTl.png

I know the differences are subtle on some of them, let me know what you think.

Thanks!

All the colors on here are standard Honda colors found on VFRs. Galactic Black, Italian Red, and whatever the pearl white is called.

My tank is already Italian Red and I am not getting that painted so I am limited a little on the color palette.

So sorry, no pearl and tangerine =(

Second one down, or very last one. The others look a little busy to me. We know the Auctmart painter isn't exactly Rembrandt, so I think the less complicated, the better off you'll be. Also, not sure if I mentioned it, or if it got lost in the sauce with my custom paint job from them, but the red striping I believe to be tape, and not paint. It's fine, because it's just a small accent, but though it worth a mention. ]

Good luck, can't wait to see how it turns out.

• Member Contributer

The second one down stands out the most because of all the white in and surrounding the image itself. I'm sure it would be a different story in real life with the other ones. It would be helpful if it was possible to give the background a separate color and all of the bikes bits that won't be painted white, their normal colors.

I assume that would be a large PITA though.

I think I am going to steal your second idea for my bike. I can do it in Plasti-Dip to see how looks.

This is an idea I had. I did it in all of about ten minutes on it using Plasti-Dip because it's removable. Ignore the tape pull damage, I was just trying to get an idea of how it would look. If I do it, I'll carry the black onto the rear cowl. I'll probably expand it more on the front fairing.

post-25798-0-73357800-1447192862.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!

My favorite one is probably a combo of the 3rd and the 5th.

I like the way the low bottom flows from the lower to the upper on the 3rd, but I like the way the red wraps up the front on the 5th. I will toss another one together taking those things into consideration.

I took the idea about filling the background, and it is not a pain in the ass at all:

jbfXokOl.png

Viffer- thanks for the note on the tape. That is sorta sad, but it does make sense.

Lint - steal away, just make sure you post pics!

Archived