Anyone Not Think The Vfr1200 Is An Absolutely Phenomenal Bike?

alleyoop

i want to bring it to Don Guhl and put it on the dyno.....but before i do that i will answer the old question of whether the 2012 was less restricted than the 2010 !!!!........i just emailed Don about it, and asked if he could change the default traction control setting to OFF, in effect making it function as a RAIN switch....i'll see what he says....do any '12 and newer owners like that idea ??

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are awesome pictures well done, and I am envious of your weather.

I did not like the look of the big viffer when it was first launched and stupidly listened to all he crap the journos spouted about the tank range lumpy fueling blah blah blah, but that was 5 years ago and now I really need a replacement for my ageing blackbird and I'm feeling too old for my blade, so I borrowed a 2014 DCT model from my local dealer for a weekend.

I have fallen in love with it, the build quality is excellent, the handling, brakes, and performance to match.

As soon as the blade is sold I will be ordering a new GT DCT in red.

Thanks to all of those posting constructive feedback on this site.

• Member Contributer

They are awesome pictures well done, and I am envious of your weather.

I did not like the look of the big viffer when it was first launched and stupidly listened to all he crap the journos spouted about the tank range lumpy fueling blah blah blah, but that was 5 years ago and now I really need a replacement for my ageing blackbird and I'm feeling too old for my blade, so I borrowed a 2014 DCT model from my local dealer for a weekend.

I have fallen in love with it, the build quality is excellent, the handling, brakes, and performance to match.

As soon as the blade is sold I will be ordering a new GT DCT in red.

Thanks to all of those posting constructive feedback on this site.

Nice one....we'll need pics as soon as you get it!

CJ Ball? I bought my 98 800 from them when they were in Hales SE of Norwich.

Any particular reason for the DCT? I was initially after one but I couldn't ignore the deal on my manual version and don't regret the decision.

I'd recommend sorting the suspension if you can....it makes a world of difference. The bike feels more like my 800 now!

Hi Skids thanks for the reply,

CJ Ball is no longer at Hales he expanded the operation at Sprowston road Norwich,

I fancied the DCT for commuting and touring and having ridden one I really like it

I will put a few miles on it before I start changing things.

I would have seriously considered a DCT version if there was one around in a 2 hour radius when I was looking. The more I read about it and peoples experiences with it, the more I am wishing I had tried harder to find one to test ride.

Archived