Fitted Staintunes

Skids

• Member Contributer

Managed to get a 2nd-hand set of Staintunes for my 6th Gen at a great price from a m8 on another forum.

IMAG0391_zpswtw14nyv.jpg

OEM mufflers haven't been off since new and needed some persuasion.

IMAG0390_zps6o8eht2m.jpg

Staintunes went on easily.

IMAG0392_zps1kyhyky7.jpg

IMAG0393_zpsmyb9dgps.jpg

Spuds in or out? :unsure::beer:

• Member Contributer

I run my Remus cans with the spuds out. It seems to give it a lower, deeper tone. And visually, those two large shotgun barrels sticking out the back can't be beat! On the other hand, I've been told that when really on it they can be fairly loud. I try to be respectful around neighbors and in the city.

• Member Contributer

I went for a short blat without any earplugs in to check out the noise and the fuelling.

Sounds awesome with the spuds out but I wonder if they'd be loud enough to attract the attention of Mr Plod (the Police).

Have put the spuds back in for now.

I have staintunes on my 6th gen and leave the spuds out. Last year I got an advisory on the mot saying bike was a little loud. This year no comment on the exhaust noise. Sounds far better with them out...

• Member Contributer

Spuds out on the way to work today. Big grins!

I'll probably re-fit them for the MoT, just to be on the safe side, but with them out it does look the dog's danglies.

• Member Contributer

Staintune makes a bigger spud, I have one in my 4th gen to keep the peace with the neighbors. Sounds great, deep rumble, just not as loud as no spud. Kind of takes the edge off.

Spuds out. I have Remus Titanium on my '08 with the baffles out and she passed MOT no problem. I've given her a hearty squirt past many plod vehicles and none have batted an eyelid. My neighbour is a plod and he says so long as you're not acting like a nob they're not bothered.

• Member Contributer

Spuds out. I have Remus Titanium on my '08 with the baffles out and she passed MOT no problem. I've given her a hearty squirt past many plod vehicles and none have batted an eyelid. My neighbour is a plod and he says so long as you're not acting like a nob they're not bothered.

Best I be careful then. :goofy:

Thanks. :beer:

Archived