Keep The Best All Around Bike Of All Time..nbrainer, 2D Bike?

maxredline

Every bike in my garage i'll keep till I die. My 2000 vfr being my newest bike to me. I've loved them since they came out and now that they got affordable I found a clean one and bought it. Paid premium money for a premium bike. Still needing a going through but it will be worth it and I'm almost done. bags, yup, new hoses and steel braided lines, new tires, it'll be great.

My SV1000 is my hot rod, v twin, gsxr 750 forks, it's bad ass. My GSXR1000 is stupidly excellent at everything although I'm tired of pushing the front end on the track, so it is going back on the street.

The bike is miss most is my 2003 gsxr 750, that bike was darn perfect for sport riding, after shock and tuning.

I've been through a few bikes. Sold a 2014 Grom after 200 miles and a shit load of money on aftermarket bits because I really wanted a vfr....

• Member Contributer

Did you find your VFR locally?

Every bike in my garage i'll keep till I die. My 2000 vfr being my newest bike to me. I've loved them since they came out and now that they got affordable I found a clean one and bought it. Paid premium money for a premium bike. Still needing a going through but it will be worth it and I'm almost done. bags, yup, new hoses and steel braided lines, new tires, it'll be great.

• Member Contributer

I sat on a multistrada today and i laughed. The seat high is so high,not going to happen.

I have a fantasy in my head... Ktm 390 to have some fun. I haven't ridden one..

300px-2015_KTM_RC390_right.JPG

I sure did, Falls church, 15 minutes from my house. I posted a wanted add here and a member contacted me, I had the bike in the truck the next day. Very clean and it had extras.

• Member Contributer

Bought mine in Portland Oregon...rode it back to Haymarket.mine is yellow underneath the Tempest Grey paint.

I sure did, Falls church, 15 minutes from my house. I posted a wanted add here and a member contacted me, I had the bike in the truck the next day. Very clean and it had extras.

Falls Church huh? You ever go to Crossroads Cycle at Columbia Pike and 7? I am usually there on Tuesdays monkeying with my 5th gen.

Falls Church huh? You ever go to Crossroads Cycle at Columbia Pike and 7? I am usually there on Tuesdays monkeying with my 5th gen.

I have been there a few times. Got to love an independent shop, I have to give them props. Mostly I do my work my self as I'm an ex moto mechanic. All I need is a No Mar tire machine. I'll roll by some time.

Been riding a Ducati Monster 1200 for the past week while my 5th Gen is in the shop awaiting parts to arrive. The monster is very nimble and has been fun. Ride is much more upright and somewhat reminds me of a dirtbike position. Only if there was more room for my right foot.post-31041-0-38059500-1440800556.jpg

What's disappointing is that it has ABS and TC are standard, it has upside down forks, an all new design, and costs less than the VFR800. What the heck Honda? Put that effort into the VFR!

Less than I was expecting though. Are you going to buy one and keep it in my garage?

• Member Contributer
What's disappointing is that it has ABS and TC are standard, it has upside down forks, an all new design, and costs less than the VFR800. What the heck Honda? Put that effort into the VFR!

Less than I was expecting though. Are you going to buy one and keep it in my garage?

Although I am considering buying one, it may mean that I ditch one of my other rides...not sure I'm keen on doing that, but if I ditch the car, that means I'll have a ton of space for even more bikes! The wife did say "As long as you can fit all your "toys" in your garage, buy whatever you can afford. You just can finance more than one vehicle at a time". That being said, looks like I can finally get all those "toys" I've wanted since my youth! Just hope 'El Nino' doesn't bring in too much rain, being that I'll be without a cage!

Although I am considering buying one, it may mean that I ditch one of my other rides...not sure I'm keen on doing that, but if I ditch the car, that means I'll have a ton of space for even more bikes! The wife did say "As long as you can fit all your "toys" in your garage, buy whatever you can afford. You just can finance more than one vehicle at a time". That being said, looks like I can finally get all those "toys" I've wanted since my youth! Just hope 'El Nino' doesn't bring in too much rain, being that I'll be without a cage!

What you need is a giant garage. Haha. I've finally convinced my wife the 5th gen has no value, other than to me, so it opens up options for the second bike. Hopefully sometime after the new year.

Archived