Best $85 I've Spent In A While

VifferCrab

Since the SL600 isn't a daily driver, and doesn't get moved too often, I figured I could make use of the space between it's nose and my shelving. Purchased this Harbor Freight dolly for under a hundred bucks, put it together last night, and rolled the Viffer up onto it. Moves around reasonably well, no complaints.

Like a glove...

4F6D3D23-2C76-4884-ABFE-5F942861ECAB_zps

28CFED7B-D101-469F-894F-68F84976910B_zps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have bought a motorcycle which rolls. :goofy:

I use Pitbull stands to do the same thing and keep the tires off of the ground.

• Member Contributer

Yes sir. V12 Biturbo with a little work done to her. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is awesome idea for moving the VFR around .

I would have bought a motorcycle which rolls. :goofy:

I use Pitbull stands to do the same thing and keep the tires off of the ground.

My buddy has Pitbull stands, I think. The castors on his don't rotate a full 360* like this one does. He says his are pain to use, because to move it around his garage, it's like doing a 20 point turn. This one moves in every direction, freely. I'm sure there's better ones out there, but for my purposes, it's just fine.

Really nice car, and good idea for the dolly.

Thanks, better than I expected.

No dangling ball to touch your windshield or wheel chock, how do ya know when to stop? Close, very close

Easy, the car went in first. :)

so, a worked biturbo V12. That's gotta move!

Indeed. She'll certainly pull a greasy string out of a cat's ass. I 1/4 mile the car on occasion, people aren't quite sure what to make of it. :)

SL600_SmokeShow.jpg

• Member Contributer

You must know the manager at the tire shop by his first name! Money well spent IMHO . . . :biggrin:

You must know the manager at the tire shop by his first name! Money well spent IMHO . . . :biggrin:

You have no idea. LOL

In that particular pic, I'm running my drag setup in the rear with Mickey Thompson ET Streets. But in her street guise, she runs a bit too much camber on her 20" wheels so it chews through the inners after about 8K miles...

It has different wheels on it now, but here she is in street trim...

MercedesBenz_SL_VVSCV3_1d3.jpg

• Member Contributer

Interesting that the photo makes the R/F wheel appear to be smoking. She's RWD - is that correct?

Interesting that the photo makes the R/F wheel appear to be smoking. She's RWD - is that correct?

RWD, correct. I was rolling out of my burnout. Everyone says that... It does look like that.

That was the maiden pass on a new set of Mickey's too, so I was getting them nice and "seasoned"

Archived