Dyno Run With Video Included, Micron Exhaust

Tews19

This is my new to me VFR I picked up on Saturday. After almost 300 miles on it I had her on the Dyno. All 3 runs showed 97 HP to the wheel. She did have a puff of smoke here and there but the bike has sat for an extended amount of time. I will be changing the oil today but curious what the members here think about the numbers provided????

• Member Contributer

Nice Art! I have a Power commander V but Dyno Jet informed me it will not work??

Really? I could have swore that there was someone on this forum that actually used a PCV on their 5 Gen. I know their is no off the shelf map for it, as Dyno-Jet does not have one for it BUT if I recall correctly, you need to convert a PCIII map to a PCV map type and load that. The one caveat is that the PCIII map needs to have certain settings deleted before the conversion attempt as these setting do not exist on the PCV and the conversion will fail.

Nice run BTW.

Cheers

• Member Contributer

I am thinking that member was most likely the former owner of this bike. That is if they are from IL.

If that were the case, then the PCV would be installed and working...Time to do a search! I'm saying this because I have a PCV for my 5 Gen and it wasn't until I saw the success of the member's build before I bought the unit for my bike.

• Member Contributer

Sounds like the engine has a missfire just as it approaches peak rpm. 17-20 second mark in the video as well as the next 2 times nearing peak rpm. Anyone else hear it or is it just my speakers?

• Member Contributer

Sounds like the engine has a missfire just as it approaches peak rpm. 17-20 second mark in the video as well as the next 2 times nearing peak rpm. Anyone else hear it or is it just my speakers?

I hear also sounds almost like the rev limiter .

Roll On ...

• Member Contributer

I hear also sounds almost like the rev limiter .

Roll On ...

Sounds to me like it happens over the range of rpm from 17-20secs.

I have the older PC3 not the one you have. I do not know the benefits of the V version for the 5th gen?

Art

Also, how do you post a pdf so that it shows instead of having to download it?

Art

• Member Contributer

Puffs of smoke on deceleration is an indication of oil being sucked pass the valve guide seals... replace the seals to stop the puffs...

Archived