New To Vfr, Have Question Bout Tool Kit.

viclava

Just brought my VFR home the 1st of the month. The previous ownwer said it came with only 1 tool in the kit, and that was the rear shock tool. I know some manufacturers skimp (like Honda) and don't give a complete kit. Does anyone have a picture of the tool that you use to prop the fuel tank up to service the air filter?

Thanks,

Scott

• Member Contributer

Although my 09 came with a small tool kit, not sure if it is one of those things that the dealer is supposed to put with the bike but often forgets? Anyway, if you look up your bike on a Honda parts fiche, you should see what tools are part of the kit. The one tool to hold up the gas tank is the one tool you should not be without, it is the spanner that allows you to turn the rear rocket cam so you can adjust chain tension.

Here's where I usually look for stuff on either of my VFRs.

www.partzilla.com

#s 6, 7 & 15 are all you need from the OEM Honda kit. The rest can be had in better quality at a better price From a tool Suppliers or hardware store (if you Don't already have them as they're fairly Common for the most part, except Maybe the Spark plug Socket and gauge feelers, which may not be common household tools but are readily had).

you can actually fit more tools in the Same Space w Interchangeable Head Type tools.

No big loss with the skimpy Honda "tool kit", as they had been giving buyers the crappiest tools for as long as I can remember....

I bet that the adjustable "Pliers" that came with the XL100 my dad bought us in the 70's was identical to the one in my 4th gen..... smae goes with the "screwdriver". Honda just really provided those in case you get stranded in the middle of neowhere and you need a last resort weapon to try and fight of wild baby monkeys and porcupines!

Archived