My Tourer - Almost Complete!

SharkRider

After months of using the forum as a resource, I have finally decided to join up and share my experience doing some minor upgrades.

I bought my 2008 VFR 800 about a year and a half ago, off a guy who rode it from the Sunshine Coast to Wollongong in one go, and pretty much left it in the garage after that. It came with a full logbook service history, which has to be a first for one of my vehicles!

The first thing that had to be fixed was the chain. It had a terrible sticky spot that was the cause of a couple of low speed stalls (it would pull the bike to a stop when doing low speed turns. Yikes!)

After that I fitted the following:

USB Charger

RAM mount for GPS

New stator, MOSFET regulator-rectifier, wiring harness, and new battery

New rubber hoops

spark plugs

Scotoiler

The result? A bike that can commute, deliver, twist and turn, go down dirt tracks with the missus on the back, all with ease and aplomb.

Ill eventually get around to digging through some photos to show where I have added the extras, but if anyone has any questions I'm more than happy to share!

• Member Contributer

Welcome Aboard! I have one question...where are the pics?!

Cheers!

• Member Contributer

+1 on the photos. Just wondering - how many km did it have on it when you got it? It sounds like a low km bike to have a new stator, R/R and wiring harness . . .

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from up north :goofy:

Yeah, a picture of your bike with the opera house/bridge in the background would be great! :beer:

Archived