Copy And Paste

• Member Contributer

Hi New here, spend most of my time on the 8th Gen part of the site.

I am having a slight problem copying and pasting one here. This is the only site i'm on where I have experienced this problem.

I have written an article and want to put it on the forum.

Normally what I do is write it in word or word pad, then copy and past onto the forum page, then press post button.

Everything works fine and dandy.

On this site I wont allow me to do this. Can someone please advise what to do.

Regards

Murray

• Member Contributer

Strange i've just pasted and copied from M Word some gobbledegook and works fine.You using Word or Libreoffice? Never had a problem here. You tried pasting and copying a web link ie http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/81166-copy-and-paste/#entry999043

• Member Contributer

Hi New here, spend most of my time on the 8th Gen part of the site.

I am having a slight problem copying and pasting one here. This is the only site i'm on where I have experienced this problem.

I have written an article and want to put it on the forum.

Normally what I do is write it in word or word pad, then copy and past onto the forum page, then press post button.

Everything works fine and dandy.

On this site I wont allow me to do this. Can someone please advise what to do.

Regards

Murray

I have the same problem with Internet Explorer but not with Google Chrome. Try a different browser.

• Member Contributer

Whenever I copy & paste here I always get a dialog box asking for permission to access my clip board. Unsure why.

• Member Contributer

Have tried Ctrl +v can paste there but when I press OK it just disappears.

Am using latest edition of IE.

Where is the clipboard? As also get asked that when using the buttons above.

• Member Contributer

Can you copy and paste the other way round? ie text from the web into Word. What version of Word are you using? 2010 2003 etc.

Have you tried using the Snipping tool?

• Member Contributer

It wont all copy and paste what you've just typed. using IE in the reply box.

I can copy and paste it to word 2003 from this site, but cant repaste it back in here. Have never used the snipping tool in my life :comp13:

It works ok in Chrome which I have now downloaded.

Would still like to get this issue resolved though and fully appreciate the assistance.

• Member Contributer

Snipping tool. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-7

Stick with Chrome, IE is shite. Been googling this and seems IE does have conflicts with copy and paste into web forums.

• Member Contributer

Cheers for the info.

Have got to say I am on loads of different forums and have never had this problem before.

Was wondering if it may have been newbie restrictions.

• Member Contributer

Cheers for the info.

Have got to say I am on loads of different forums and have never had this problem before.

Was wondering if it may have been newbie restrictions.

No newbie restrictions that im aware of, always found this site dead easy to use not like a certain other VFR forum.

• Member Contributer

I had used IE for years and then found some sites didn't like that method and started using Google Chrome. Now I generally use GC and have to swap back to IE for a very few sites that don't like GC. This is one reason I hate computers as much as I love them. The operating systems are all like a Mario Brothers game. You have to know a few secrets and just hop into a specific open space to get your coins! Finding those secrets without a bit of tutoring drives me CRAZY!

Archived