New Member In Ca

Hello all,

New member in the Bay Area.

I've been riding on and off for 10 years and have owned various bikes, mainly Honda. CBR600, CBR900RR, VTR SuperHawk and now a 2003 VFR800.

Recently purchased a 2003 VFR with 30k on the clock. Completely stock with a few minor changes, double bubble wind screen, Sargent seat, electronics to power GPS, radar and phone, soft luggage and as you'll see in the photos a "new look". Looking to make further changes based on personal needs and recommendations.

Looking forward to meeting other members and educating myself on the VFR. I'm 6'5" and firstly looking to make the bike more comfortable. Will not be attending track days but would like a good setup for the Sunday twisties. Any info pertaining to increasing ride height, suspension and improvements to stock are very welcome and appreciated.

Also looking to get together for rides, I bought this bike to put miles on it, I'll travel to meet up with other riders.

Any "newbie" tips or advice will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Mathieu

post-32720-0-93329500-1429637183.jpg

post-32720-0-41440900-1429637205.jpg

post-32720-0-07920600-1429637445.jpg

• Member Contributer

You can increase the rear height by adding shims under the top of the upper shock mount, might be able to get about an inch that way. This will also quicken the steering and make the bike tip into turns easier. Search for "bls lowering blocks" to lower the foot pegs.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/user/3131-busylittleshop/

Oh, and welcome aboard.

• Member Contributer

Welcome Aboard! Stick around and enjoy the show. BTW, Cool paint scheme.

• Member Contributer

Welcome and thanks for the picture of the Sun - it will return to these parts, someday. Like that paint job. Think I'll treat myself to one this coming winter, while you are no doubt still riding.

• Member Contributer

Good Dutch name!!!!

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond!!!

Thanks for the positive comments!

The upper fairing and top half of tank are factory, went with House of Kolor "Galaxy Grey" on the lower half. Not sure what to do with the wheels yet, I like em' the way they are for now.

The sun doesn't go very far even in the midst of what we may call winter, ride a few miles east and it always warms up.

And yes "Dutchy" the name is very Dutch. We can use PM to talk in code as not to confuse the locals. ;)

Welcome,

Your Avatar is overlooking my Crib, Sun setting by the Pacifica Pier.

Are you an Agusta fan at heart? Nice paint tones look very MV-ish.

Keep 6th gens alive!

You're also in luck to join two rides on tap for May...

Cheers!

Archived