Stator&r/r Combo(Electrosport Or Ricks)

CYCLEKNIGHT

• Member Contributer

Double check your VCRness crimps. I had one that the wire just pulled right out of.

Thanks for the heads up. Was there anything in particular the might have caused the seperation? Or did it just vibrate out? Too much tension?

• Member Contributer

I finally found a r/r I bought from WireMyBike with my VFRness. I have not used it yet.

It is a Hot Shot Honda Rectifier-Regulator 2001 Honda Street Bike VFR800 Street Bike (10-126H)

Description

Hot Shot Honda Rectifier-Regulator: Designed with Mosfet technology; a cooler running rectifier-regulator. *Rick's design eliminates the use of the OE black wire.

Does anyone have an opinion on this particular r/r? Since I already paid for one it'd be nice if this was better than the oem on my machine which has a HS number code.

Hot Shot Honda Rectifier-Regulator

kdx220%

Manufactured by Rick's Motorsport Electrics

Not sure Rick's really makes it .

With all the outsourcing these days, it's difficult to know in many cases where things are actually made. Often there are only a few manufacturers of various products (car batteries as one example), and they subcontract out to retailers who private label it as their own.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the info. That's a start. Next is connecting it to the VFRness. I'm going to look at that tomorrow.

The Rick's r/r does not have a black wire as the oem r/r did. This black wire's now-empty slot connects to a female slot that has a purple wire connected to it.

Is this a problem? In the pic below the purple wire goes from the lower left to the connector in the upper right.

Never mind. Joshua (WireMyBike) says it does not matter.

post-13282-0-19708400-1428792457.jpg

Double check your VCRness crimps. I had one that the wire just pulled right out of.

Thanks for the heads up. Was there anything in particular the might have caused the seperation? Or did it just vibrate out? Too much tension?

Shitty crimp.

• Member Contributer

Shitty crimp.

I had couple on mine ...

• Member Contributer

Roadstercycle for the RR

Customrewind for the stator

End of thread :)

Sent from my Samsung S5

How much was the Customrewind stator for a fifth gen?

• Member Contributer

Roadstercycle for the RR

Sent from my Samsung S5

Mine was $100 including return shipping to the West coast. I was able to fit the core in a USPS flat rate box that was about $6, so total was $106. They were so accommodating I threw in an extra $10. It's been working great. I posted a thread in the electrical section with photos.

• Member Contributer

Roadstercycle for the RR

Sent from my Samsung S5

Mine was $100 including return shipping to the West coast. I was able to fit the core in a USPS flat rate box that was about $6, so total was $106. They were so accommodating I threw in an extra $10. It's been working great. I posted a thread in the electrical section with photos.

Thanks. I can do that. :fing02:

• 4 weeks later...

I just put a Roadstercycle.com FH020AA on my 06. Bought the Super kit. Not cheap but I don't want to worry about it. The white stator connector I cut off had a melted connector in it so I was glad I spent the money and did this. The stator had already been replaced on bike before I bought it with 19k miles on it (US bike). I bought the mounting plate and mounted the RR sideways on the adaptor with one bolt, as it won't fit upright. It worked out fine. Get an extra foot of wire on the stator side and the battery side and it is perfect. Crimp or solder three wires and shrink and you are good to go. I also installed a volt meter so I can keep an eye on things.

http://www.roadstercycle.com

I did the same thing but how did you get power to the 5 prong connector that connected to the OEM R/r?

EDIT:

Later that same day... So i just talked to Jack at roadstercycle and he said not to worry, The other circuits will get power from the battery.

Archived