Who's Interested In Big Time Bike Protection?

wrestler

• Member Contributer

I've been communicating with this guy in Ireland who fabricates and sells cycle garages.

Some of you have seen this one. I want to sample interest to see if there are four other

people who might be interested in a group purchase (circa $1700). Take a peak.

• Member Contributer

That's a really nice set up and if I didn't have a garage to put mine it I would be interested. The price doesn't seem to be out of line, IMO anyway.

I'd seen those before and was impressed then.

• Member Contributer

Thanks, FJ12. It is good to know I am not crazy. Better to spend 1700 once than

buy a new bike, especially if it is a sixth gen or 8th VFR :smile2:

• Member Contributer

Put a little 150w heater in there for when its cold, jobs a good un. If i had the space i would be in for one.

Good if you don't have a garage, hopefully it's waterproof. As far as "big time protection" I don't think sheet aluminum and inch square alu frame would stop a thief for more than 20 seconds. With a car and a rope this could be opened in less than 5 seconds.

Excellent storage for those with little space though.

I guess if backed up with alarms and ground anchored heavy chain type bike locks, it could work for most people, but the light gauge looking frame and tin skin construction might not hold up to hooligan theivery type force and tools....

• Member Contributer

I don't think I would want to keep my tools and gear out in the cold. Neat concept. Agree that it wouldn't stop a determined thief, but to be honest, garage doors aren't that hard to break through either. Massive step up from disc-lock and bike cover. On the pricey side though compared to a shed or something similar, though nowhere near as slick.

I know, install it in your garage and disguise it as an enclosure for plumbing or electrical equipment for the house by putting Culligan Man, GE or Carrier decals and logos on it (One might even consider running fake hoses, wires, pipes and conduits from the adjacent walls into it) and Voila! No visible bike to steal!

Sure, some sly theives will not be fooled, but maybe the locked enclosure might slow them down enough to either get caught or cause them to give up trying to steal the bike.......and the tools.......

• Member Contributer

My thought exactly, FJ12. I am amazed at the number of professional thieves on VFRD :)

Archived