Oem Luggage Score!

joepopp

• Member Contributer

After combing this site and comparing and contrasting prices (Givi, Shad, OEM) I came upon a post about OEM panniers from David Silver Spares USA. I hit the US website. I couldn't believe the price so I emailed them and asked if the bags included all of the hardware. Then I asked if it was for both bags. The sales rep confirmed this was indeed for a full set of bags with hardware so I cautiously ordered. I got them today! $512 delivered to NYC from PA. They are a perfect match for my 2002 (Italian Red R-157). I want to say thanks to all of you who share information on this site. You all saved me a lot of time and money. Now to find a top case!

post-32230-0-28042900-1425473883.jpg

• Member Contributer

I picked up a matching set from them as well, heck of a deal, very glad I got them too.

They can carry nearly anything I need, and/or store my riding gear safely out of sight when out.

Just as info to joepop, KanadianKen is a member at this site. Aside from his mount, you have no choice now but to use an OEM topcase mounting kit. You can get an adapter plate to use another topcase, but the mounting kit you are stuck with. No other kit works with the OEM saddlebag mounts.

Here is the link at Silver Spares:

https://www.davidsilverspares.com/VFR8002-VTEC-2002/part_23580/

Damn good price too. I don't think you can find it for that little on ebay.

• Member Contributer

Just as info to joepop, KanadianKen is a member at this site. Aside from his mount, you have no choice now but to use an OEM topcase mounting kit. You can get an adapter plate to use another topcase, but the mounting kit you are stuck with. No other kit works with the OEM saddlebag mounts.

Here is the link at Silver Spares:

https://www.davidsilverspares.com/VFR8002-VTEC-2002/part_23580/

Damn good price too. I don't think you can find it for that little on ebay.

I should have added that I already scored the OEM Topcase Mount!

Has anybody used the Givi E251 Adapter plate with the OEM Topcase mount?

I can just cut a plate and use and M5 or M7.

I am pretty sure I am going to go with the Givi V47 topcase with a brake light kit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Just an update. I wrote to Matt at David Silver spares and asked if they expected any top cases in Italian Red. He said they were not but they did have one in Winning Red. I looked at some pictures that forum member Jimmer had in his gallery and I decided the color was close enough. I ordered and now I have a full set of OEM luggage. The cool thing is that the panniers came with an extra lock cylinder so I only need one key for all of my luggage. Comparable full set of Givi would have been close to $1200. The only disadvantage is that the luggage is bike specific where as the Givi I could resell easier if I ever decided to do that. Thanks for all of the help and suggestions!

Total cost:

Panniers (David Silver Spares): $512.00

Rear Luggage Rack (Amazon): $263.85

Top Case (David Silver Spares): $193.00

Total: $968.85

winning_Italian.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Note that the logo says "VFR" rather than "Interceptor" as is typical in the US. :cool:

That was a plus for me! I liked these better than the US ones that have reflectors.

• Member Contributer

Yellow?

I have yet to see a OEM vtec (RC46-2) in yellow.

RC46-1 (800i) in yellow, yes but I don't think Honda made oem cases for that model.

Yellow?

RC46-1 (800i) in yellow, yes but I don't think Honda made oem cases for that model.

Sorry ! No, not vtec.

Ah they didnt? Aww, well thank you

• Member Contributer

Yellow?

Sorry ! No, not vtec.

Ah they didnt? Aww, well thank you

You may be able to find a set of Beetle Bags made by Corbin. They are no longer made but they are out there for Gen 5 owners.

Archived