No 2015 Vfr 1200?

RogueWave

The vfr1200 restrictions are 1st and 2nd gear from idle until 6000 rpms correct? If that is the case, a competent rider would be launching at over 6000 rpms and not be effected by the factory restrictions.

Furthermore, there are many many sport bikes with factory restrictions. Currently the zbomb is avaliable for all gsxrs 600/750/1000/1300 and cbr600/1000, as well as the vfr1200. Why do they make a zbomb for those sport bikes? Because they have factory restrictions.

The CBR1000rr has a restriction of 9* timing retard being applied from 10750 rpms until redline.

The cbr600rr has pretty much the same restriction from 12500 until redline.

I could go on for ever, because nearly all sport bikes are restricted in one way or another, from the factory.

No, restrictions affect almost the whole power curve. Both ignition and fuel maps are restricted.

Of course many vehicles have restrictions but not many affect the 0-60 acceleration. Its even worse with DCT(a sec. slower).

Have ridden a ZX10R with restrictions but for a top end. This has absolutely no effect on 0-60 time. More to say the VFR1200 engine is all about the torque,

it's not the same as a sport liter which has the high rev power band.

All I'm saying that how the VFR1200 could be a bad bike, slow, heavy etc? Having the 3rd/4th best 0-60 acceleration from the factory?

Check the MC News list(they are not a Sunday riders)and you will find that VFR1200 is actually faster then 90% of sport bikes...not to shabby...

EDIT:

Oh that wikipedia data made by wikipedia fans? Sorry but that is not plausible. Stick with proved sources.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You

The vfr1200 restrictions are 1st and 2nd gear from idle until 6000 rpms correct? If that is the case, a competent rider would be launching at over 6000 rpms and not be effected by the factory restrictions.

Furthermore, there are many many sport bikes with factory restrictions. Currently the zbomb is avaliable for all gsxrs 600/750/1000/1300 and cbr600/1000, as well as the vfr1200. Why do they make a zbomb for those sport bikes? Because they have factory restrictions.

The CBR1000rr has a restriction of 9* timing retard being applied from 10750 rpms until redline.

The cbr600rr has pretty much the same restriction from 12500 until redline.

I could go on for ever, because nearly all sport bikes are restricted in one way or another, from the factory.

No, restrictions affect almost the whole power curve. Both ignition and fuel maps are restricted.

Of course many vehicles have restrictions but not many affect the 0-60 acceleration. Its even worse with DCT(a sec. slower).

Have ridden a ZX10R with restrictions but for a top end. This as absolutely no effect on 0-60 time. More to say the VFR1200 engine is all about the torque,

it's not the same as a sport liter which has the high rev power band.

All I'm saying that how the VFR1200 could be a bad bike, slow, heavy etc? Having the 3rd/4th best 0-60 acceleration from the factory?

Check the MC News list(they are not a Sunday riders)and you will find that VFR1200 is actually faster then 90% of sport bikes...not to shabby...

I really don't know who you are arguing with or if you are arguing with or against me lol.

Archived