Hrc 1/4 Turn Throttle?

northwood

• Member Contributer

Not sure about the 1/4 turn throttle . . . someone will chime in soon on that.

First posts without photos though is like tantalizing us with "I'm dating a supermodel" and having no photos. Pics - we want pics! :smile2:

Maybe this will attract more of the masses!

First ride at the dealer.

FirstRide_zps2f8c67b8.jpg

The CBR and I at Thunderhill early this year.

Bike_zpse90b1409.jpg

The soon to be old touring bike, 75 GL1000 out on highway 50 in Utah.

IMG_4074_zps3bc5a5fa.jpg

I dunno, but might the quicker throttle action result in harder to modulate/control throttle on the sometimes very sensitive fueling of some injected VFRs? I think it's something to think about before installing a 1/4 turn throttle on one.

• Member Contributer

I think I read somewhere that the RC51 throttle tube is a 1/4 turn throttle... or at least a shorter rotation from 0 - 100% than the VFR

• Member Contributer

You can buy inner throttle tubes with higher (lower number) rates for many bike & most Honda tubes (& some others) will fit most Honda bikes.

You can also increase the twist rate by adding a slipper to you existing tube, this will raise the height of the cable on the tube & thus pull more throttle per degree of rotation.

Here's a link to using an R6 1/6 turn tube on a CBR10000, same principle will work on VFR.

http://www.1000rr.net/forums/modifications-upgrades-08-11/70442-r6-1-6-turn-throttle-tube-install-lots-pics.html

Have fun, but don't blame me when you pull more throttle than you planned !

Archived