Power Commander V On An 02

neptech

Question

12 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

There should be one connection to take apart and the PCV links to the two ends you took apart and there should also be a power and ground connection if I remember correctly.

• Member Contributer

Basically you unplug the stock throttle body connector on the bike and then plug in the PCV connector, then disconnect the 2 oxygen sensors and plug in the 2 connectors from PCV, then connect the power wire to the negative terminal of the battery. Where are you having difficulty connecting?

• Member Contributer

Unless they changed things, the O2 oxygen sensors leads are plugged with terminators and do not connection to the PCV.

MY problem is, I have two plugs on the PCV and can only find one plug on the bike, according to the instructions there should be two. I am at a loss where the other plug is located on the bike....

• Member Contributer

It's easier if you lift the tank and pull the airbox lid. On the right side of the bike, between the airbox and the frame, about halfway down the airbox there's a large grey junction connector with one of the sliding plastic shields over it. Undo that connector and you have two sides, a male and a female. Put the power commander connectors in the appropriate spots and route the cable back to the PCV. Now the signals from the ECU pass through the front harness, into the PCV, out of the PCV and into the rear harness.

You'll also need to run wires to the speed sensor and thermometer to get the most out of the power commander. They're on the left side of the bike, one is in the bundle with the O2 sensors and one is in the connector under the rad.

There should be one connection to take apart and the PCV links to the two ends you took apart and there should also be a power and ground connection if I remember correctly.

Thanks m8 so much, it was so simple...

Archived