5Th Gen Subframe Weight Needed?

gig

Question

12 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

I've got one hanging on the wall in my garage but I won't be able to weigh it until Friday PM...

• Member Contributer

I've got one hanging on the wall in my garage but I won't be able to weigh it until Friday PM...

I'd be interested in that too. I think I do remember on the forums someone said 11 pounds but I cant claim to have a memory......

• Member Contributer

6 lbs 14 oz.

Hanging from a fish scale? Hmmm, that's surprizing, thought it was much more than that. If so, building one out of aluminum, doesnt gain you much.

• Member Contributer

6 lbs 14 oz.

Hanging from a fish scale? Hmmm, that's surprizing, thought it was much more than that. If so, building one out of aluminum, doesnt gain you much.

I am not a fisherman but i do use the bathroom.

So i weighed myself and then weighed myself holding the part. on my bathroom scale (digital).

I am building one from alloy (front half only) for a track bike so happen to have one apart at the moment.

• Member Contributer

yea, i was thinking of getting an alloy subframe fabricated if 11lbs as reported, but at 6lbs would not be a good lb savings per $ spent investment for me, unless I made myself as corner carver is doing. Maybe corner carver will offer to sell duplicates at a special vfrd member price once fabricated??

Archived