New Guy

Guest Sigurd8404

Guest Sigurd8404

What's up everyone, names Adam. Currently reside in WI. Picked up my '05 VFR800 over winter, completely stock with 20K miles on it. So far have only put on a fender eliminator and just installed a Delkevic exhaust slip-on system over my lunch break today. Loving everything about the bike so far.

Bike #2 is a '74 Yamaha RD60, 55cc 2-stroke monster. Top speed of 54mph. Runs like a champ, currently in processes of fitting a custom air intake to the carb and and waiting on an aftermarket cafe shorty reverse megaphone exhaust can to put on it.

Lastly (for the moment) is #3, a '72 Yamaha DS-7 250cc 2-stroke. Bike was only made for the one year. Bought it 10 years ago out of a shed, cleaned carbs, replaced points, replaced and regapped plugs and threw a new battery in and she was running fine until I found out the tank was rusted out inside and fouling the systems out again. Currently bike is down to frame, engine and trans with boxes of stock and aftermarket parts all over the garage. Won't go into the whole build plan, but I still haven't picked up some of the crucial parts to put her back together to date...someday.

Just figured I'd introduce myself!

• Member Contributer

Welcome Aboard Sigurd! Picture of your new ride would be as welcomed as you are! Nice little 2-stroke collection your building. Pics of them would suffice as well :wink:

• Member Contributer

Welcome, gotta love the two strokes. Bring one to Tmac next year just to make music in the parking lot

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Aboard Sigurd! Picture of your new ride would be as welcomed as you are! Nice little 2-stroke collection your building. Pics of them would suffice as well :wink:

9c7f23f57fa3b7aa66877807ca08a339.jpg

This is the '74, just got done having some fun riding her. Still all stock for now.

0519fd35be3686f84b4a85d09873cadc.jpg

This is my baby prior to replacing the exhaust.

ea1ab99d15314c096bb796272c2bba6d.jpg

And this is her tail end now.

If I posted a pic or 2 of the '72, it would just be boxes of parts strewn around the stripped frame. Haha, maybe eventually I'll get a pic of her up when she at least looks like a bike again.

Archived