5Mm Fairing Nuts

didit

• Member Contributer

Over the past few years, a few more and a few more of the OEM rubber fairing nuts have been drying out and cracking.

Hence becoming useless.

Anyone ever find a place to pick up a bag (10 or more), as the OEM ones seem to run in the $3.50 ea range.

If others are suffering from the same issue and would like extras, if there's a place to get proper ones in bulk, I'd be willing to splurge.

• Member Contributer

Hey Didit

I went looking for some a couple years ago and came across these things at Fastenal. Check it out.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/details/11120408?searchMode=productSearch&zipcode=&filterByStore=&filterByVendingMachine=

You have to order in packs of 25 as I recall but it might be worth it. They are located on Dalton Road, just off of McCurdy.

Just take one of the fairing screws with you in order to make sure it fits.

• Member Contributer

Perfect, thanks everyone.

zoomzoom, I know the place, just down the road from me here in Rutland.

By the way, if you are in city park tomorrow for the Boyd's car show, I'll be cooking hot dogs for the fathers day fund raiser.

Swing by and introduce yourself. Otherwise, I'll just send a PM.

• Member Contributer

Well, the local fastenal guys said I'd need to order a minimum of 500 to make it worth while. Not.

Stopped in by fluke chance at a new /moved bike shop in West Kelowna, asking about tire prices.

First good thing - the price he gave me was well below what the local Powerhouse Honda offered as a 'discount cause we want your business' price.

Taking the wheels off will run me $25 a tire for install.

Second, asked if he had well nuts and shazam!!! He carries the 10 piece replacement kits. Sold!

Now, to get the electrical fixed and wheels to him for new Pilot Road 4's.

Gotta love when a business just simply wants to do business.

The reason Im asking, we've already heard from people they are not quite oem identical in function with the ones they ordered, that leads to there may variances in the 5mm sizing as with any 3rd party part.

So which ones are identical in functioning, rather than should be all the same.

• Member Contributer

I'll shoot/post pics of the package and report on the fit once I start re-assembly.

I felt the same way about ordering something that didn't work.

Stay tuned . . . .

• Member Contributer

as long as they are 5mm metric wellnuts, it doesn't matter who made them.

Honda wouldn't make their own either, they would buy them by the container-load from another supplier.

I just bought a few of these this week, $2.65 ea. from Honda.

So the part number on there is C-550, which doesn't seem to be an industry standard, looks like a mfg specific number. http://www.thread-rite.com/pop_nuts/well_nut_standard.htm

Made by POP NUT Blind Rivet Nuts
POP Blind Rivet Nuts and installation tools are manufactured by Emhart Technologies at Nippon POP Rivets and Fasteners Division in Toyahashi Japan.
Nippon is part of Infastech, which was just acquired by Stanley in Feb. '13.
Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE: SWK), an S&P 500 global diversified industrial company, announced today that it has successfully completed its acquisition of Infastech, a leading global manufacturer and distributor of specialty engineered fastening technologies headquartered in Hong Kong, from CVC Capital Partners and Standard Chartered Private Equity Limited for USD$850 million in cash. This transaction was originally announced on July 23rd, 2012.
So there you go, waaay more than you ever needed to know. :schla15:

Archived