Tcx Boot Opinions

vfr350

• Member Contributer

Looking at either the TCX x-action wp boots or x-move wp boots. Anyone have experience with either or TCX boots in general?

• Member Contributer

I have 3 pairs! Street boots, Jupiter2 and 2 sets of race boots, S-Race (Vented and non-vented) ALL of them fit me perfectly and I would recommend them any day of the week and twice on Sunday. My wife has a pair of the X-Square and she loves them too.

Correction, I have 4 pairs, I also have a pair of S-Zero waterproof touring boots as well.

• Member Contributer

How is the sizing, big, small, spot on? Yeah the jupiter 2's are on sale as well whick i considered. Just looking for a boot for cooler weather, taller than my hiking boots but not a full calf. But at least it sounds like a good brand then.

• Member Contributer

My son has a pair (don't remember which ones) and whilst they have been comfy the leather has deteriorated visibly & one of the zips failed.

• Member Contributer

How is the sizing, big, small, spot on? Yeah the jupiter 2's are on sale as well whick i considered. Just looking for a boot for cooler weather, taller than my hiking boots but not a full calf. But at least it sounds like a good brand then.

For me the sizing is just right, I wear a size 8 in dress/sport shoes and the TCX size 41 (US 8) fit me spot on. I have had my Jupiter2 shoes for at least a few years (bought in Jul 2011) and they still look new. I wear these for commuting and other than the heel of the sole being worn down a little, they otherwise still look good. I bought the S-Zero 2 years ago (2/2012) for touring as they are waterproof (haven't tested that part out yet though) and the S-Race pairs I bought (8/2012 Air) and (8/2013 Std.) and I use these for my spirited rides, and sometime soon hopefully, track days. The S-Race Air flowed too much air for cooler temp rides which is why I went with the standard S-Race for most of year, but I wear the Air in the summer/hottest riding days. Other than getting marked/scratched up from touching the ground and rubbing against the bike, they (All pairs) are holding up well IMO. I have not had any issues with zippers or the Lorica material they use and so far, other than a stitch that got "caught" on my Airs during an "unplanned" hike helping a fellow rider retrieve his bike from the side of a hillside, it's just the plastic bits that seem to get scuffed and marked on mine.

• Member Contributer

For those following I ordered and recieved a pair of TCX X-Move WP Boots (43) and TCX X-Street Shoes (42). I not sure why but from the boots I tried on at Cycle Gear as well, they all are narrow and taper way to soon and i don't have a wide foot, just like some toe room. I'll start with the shoes, the toe taper starts later and is more rounded than the boots for sure. I usually wear 9-91/2 and the 42 rated at 8 1/2 run long, say 1/2 size but works out good for me trying them on. I planned on using them with thinner socks so ordering them smaller seems good. They have more protection for the ankle bones then say a pair of Sketchers hiking type boots. The toe does not have specific protection but its not soft. Here is the reason for purchasing the summer shoe (for myself) it holds the foot better than any other low shoe i may have road in and even better than said Sketchers boot so in the event of any event this shoe is most likely to stay on. Looks decent as well, think Chuck Taylor's.

As stated the X-Move's I ordered bigger and I think its a good thing. The toe start to taper early so the extended legnth helps for roomer toes and the fact I got these to ride in cooler to cold weather most likely wearing 2 pairs of socks (feet slightly frostbitten while snowmobiling and have been cold since) should be fine. One of the main reasons I choose this boot was the mid height, which turns out to be just over 2" higher then said Sketchers boots and appears perfect. The smooth sole will be something to get use to. Tomorrow I will get a chance to use them along with a new Cortech jacket and Bilt Iron Works pants. Hopefully no blown zippers like my Joe Rocket Atomic jacket of 3 rides last season that without zipper covers just leaked and was far colder (useless) in the weather I wanted in for.

• Member Contributer

Yes, Europeans seem to have narrower feet than Americans (just saying) I have the TCX S-Sportour WP boots.

Love them. Light weight and they are quiet when you walk. Other brand boots of this type tend to "squeak" when you walk. A little stiff when new but do break in over time. I have had them a year and have worn them a lot. No issues so far.

post-26694-0-90443300-1397775336.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I have 3 pairs! Street boots, Jupiter2 and 2 sets of race boots, S-Race (Vented and non-vented) ALL of them fit me perfectly and I would recommend them any day of the week and twice on Sunday. My wife has a pair of the X-Square and she loves them too.

Correction, I have 4 pairs, I also have a pair of S-Zero waterproof touring boots as well.

How well did the Jupiter 2 fit? Are they high enough? I like the idea of something that I can tour around on but go on short hikes of a kilometer, etc.

I carry sandals only, I refuse to pack shoes on my already over-packed VFR. My Sidi Vertebrae are showing their age and suck for walking around in. I have suffered long enough. The hike in and out of Bryce Canyon a few years ago with my Sidis on nearly did me in.

• Member Contributer

How well did the Jupiter 2 fit? Are they high enough? I like the idea of something that I can tour around on but go on short hikes of a kilometer, etc.

I carry sandals only, I refuse to pack shoes on my already over-packed VFR. My Sidi Vertebrae are showing their age and suck for walking around in. I have suffered long enough. The hike in and out of Bryce Canyon a few years ago with my Sidis on nearly did me in.

The Jupiter2 fit me perfect. I bought them because they were on close out and I wanted something that I could wear daily and not feel like I was wearing moon boots and I bought them sight unseen, I just took a gamble. luckily they fit me spot on, in fact all of my TCX boots were bought without trying them on and all of them fit me just right. As far as hight goes, they do protect the ankle from abrasion but may not provide enough lateral support to prevent any hyper extension injuries, still I wear them for all of my daily commutes on the bike and I can function in them just like a pair of regular high tops.

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Tcx infinity evo. Great boots size wise. Very small calf opening must be made for folk with skinny legs.

• Member Contributer

Anyone have experience with either or TCX boots in general?

I have been using TCX boots for years now after struggling to find that perfect fit. I haven't had a more comfortable or longer lasting boot. I ride a lot and in foul weather so I found myself replacing my boots every year.

Currently on year 3 with my current TCX Competizone S GoreTex and they still work, fit and smell like new. I have a brand new pair sitting in the closet for the day they finally need replacing.

Archived