1000R Swingarm Into 750F?

CBVFRbikeboy

• Member Contributer

Hi guys. Wondering if the vf1000r swingarm will bolt into an '83 vf750 frame? I have a spare set of R wheels I thought I'd try to fit in a spare frame I have. I need to have the caliper mount of the R to fit the rear disk. I think the front will be OK?

cheers

ian

• Member Contributer

Sorry. Just realised the brake torque arm connects to the frame, not the swingarm. Need a plan B :wacko:

cheers

ian

• Member Contributer

Thought I saw someone who put R wheels on an F and used the lower right rearset bolt location to attach the (modified?) torque arm.

• Member Contributer

the arm does NOT go to the frame.. in anycase just put the wheels om the 750 swing arm.

Sorry, I should have worded that better. The 1000r arm is attached to the frame, and the caliper is underslung.

vf1000r-brake.jpg

need the 1000r caliper because the disk is smaller.

cheers

ian

Thought I saw someone who put R wheels on an F and used the lower right rearset bolt location to attach the (modified?) torque arm.

thanks for that. I'll see if I can find it.

cheers

ian

• Member Contributer

It was me and I used a longer lower bolt through the lower right peg hanger mount. The bike was a VF1000F not a 750 though.

• Member Contributer

It was me and I used a longer lower bolt through the lower right peg hanger mount. The bike was a VF1000F not a 750 though.

And then it was me copying you.

:cool:

Or you can do away with the arm.

IMG_5399Medium.jpg

• Member Contributer

And then it was me copying you.

:cool:

I think I've copied a thing or two of yours as well!

Archived