Pr4 On Rear With Pr3 On Front Ok?

mneal

• Member Contributer

I bought a set of PR3s about a year ago and love em. Last night went for a ride and it felt squishy . I got home and found and small nail in the rear. (Was 20psi , hark, I found the issue ). Local shops didn't have any more PR3 so I bought a PR4. After I bought it I got to thinking and called Michelin and they gave me the company line that they don't recommend mixing brands or series. I know lots of guys love the PP/PR combo so that seems like CyA. I rode it tonight and felt ok too me but I a sorta a novice and didn't push it too hard since it is new tire and only has about 45 miles on it so far. So I think I am good but anyone think this PR4/PR3 combo was bad idea?

• Member Contributer

I have run different tires like this without problems just take it easy until the tire is warmed up a couple of times .

• Member Contributer

You should be fine.

+1 - Your probly good to go. On the VFR I run a sport tire up front and sport touring on the rear.

• Member Contributer

I run a PP3 front and a PR2 rear and so far I'm liking it. I'd be more hesitant to run a Dunlop/Michelin, or Dunlop/Bridgestone or any manufacturer A/Manufacturer B combo, than and PP/PR combo, or a PRx/PRy combo for that matter. I wouldn't worry about it but you can give us a review of the new PR4 when you get a chance.

• Member Contributer

I have about 150 miles on the PR4 and so far at really like it. Honestly I dunno if it's any better then the pr3 I took off but haven't pushed it hard yet.

Archived